Is the University of Exeter actually good?

Watch
jgcr2019
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I thought so but I am having my doubts recently. Is it worth going as a international student?
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jgcr2019)
I thought so but I am having my doubts recently. Is it worth going as a international student?
Hi jgcr2019. Is there anything in particular that is troubling you? Anything I can help with or point you in a direction that could answer your questions?
Karen - University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well it is a rather racist University and has that reputation. So no maybe ?
A_J_B
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As an international student, maybe no. There are other better, multicultural, and more attractive places in the UK.
jgcr2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team)
Hi jgcr2019. Is there anything in particular that is troubling you? Anything I can help with or point you in a direction that could answer your questions?
Anything on graduate prospects?
jgcr2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by bored_user:))
Well it is a rather racist University and has that reputation. So no maybe ?
Really? How so?
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Really? How so?
lts so disgusting that I dont even want to talk about it!!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Really? How so?
It had one incident and students were expelled. Every uni has racists but Exeter got rid of theirs.

It is a great university and is one where many of my ex-students have studied and been happy.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bored_user:))
lts so disgusting that I dont even want to talk about it!!
Yes and those students were expelled - other unis have not taken such firm action ...
A_J_B
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Really? How so?
You may just feel a bit out of place there sometimes. Its also a bit remote and not as bustling as say, Birmingham or London and there are not many jobs over there.
Its just not worth your money imo. For a retired life, maybe but not for a student.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anything on graduate prospects?
Hi - what subject are you thinking of studying and which country are you from? Are you talking about graduate prospects in the UK or in your home country? Sorry to ask so many questions! Could I also suggest that you contact some of our Unibuddy students on our website - we have quite a few international students who have written blogs and are there to answer your questions. Here is a list of our Unibuddies with short bios: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/life/ask-a-student/ - scroll through there maybe someone from your country who can talk to you about their real life experience here not assumptions.
jgcr2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team)
Hi - what subject are you thinking of studying and which country are you from? Are you talking about graduate prospects in the UK or in your home country? Sorry to ask so many questions! Could I also suggest that you contact some of our Unibuddy students on our website - we have quite a few international students who have written blogs and are there to answer your questions. Here is a list of our Unibuddies with short bios: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/life/ask-a-student/ - scroll through there maybe someone from your country who can talk to you about their real life experience here not assumptions.
I will go to do Economics and Politics (with Industrial Experience). I am from Spain and I am just talking in general. Is it “likely” or possible to get a nice job in the UK or elsewhere in Europe (or America for that matter)?
jgcr2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by A_J_B)
You may just feel a bit out of place there sometimes. Its also a bit remote and not as bustling as say, Birmingham or London and there are not many jobs over there.
Its just not worth your money imo. For a retired life, maybe but not for a student.
I’ve thought about that, I was initially set to go to the LSE, quite different as you may imagine.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I will go to do Economics and Politics (with Industrial Experience). I am from Spain and I am just talking in general. Is it “likely” or possible to get a nice job in the UK or elsewhere in Europe (or America for that matter)?
Hi - check out our Business School page https://business-school.exeter.ac.uk/careers/about/
Employability facts:

94.4% of graduates in graduate employment or postgraduate study (DLHE 2017)
109 employers engaged with us in 2017/18
187 students secured Industrial Placements for 2018/19

As you will have an industrial placement as well, you will be able to make your own contacts. We also have lots of international partnerships with prestigious universities throughout the world, so I would say that our Business School is a very multicultural community.
BSc Economics and Politics graduates have gone on to work for:

Goldman Sachs
Facebook
Diageo
HM Treasury
Fortress Wealth Partnership
Bloomberg LP
Accenture
Royal Bank of Canada
Hope that this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (19)
27.94%
Less motivated (49)
72.06%

Watched Threads