Raja12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
hey guys,

im currently in year 13 doing A-Levels Biology, chemistry, Geography and core maths. I was always focused towards the healthcare sector, such as medicine and pharmacy, and have recently decided to pursue the financial sector.

I already have a 1 weeks worth of work experience in Barclays commercial bank. Also, I have been reading economics-related books, which has made me even more interested. Some parts of human geography, which I find really interesting, relate to economics, which is why I have now decided to do Economics at university.

However, I lack Maths A-Level. I can still go to university for Economics, such as Manchester and Nottingham, but want to aim higher than that.

After doing economics at university, I want to go into investment banking and have already taken part in an insight day at Citi Investment Bank. Also, not only that, but I have always been somewhat of an 'investor' since young, as I have invested in cryptocurrency and then trading it off for a higher price. Next, I have also bought limited sneakers, and then sold them off for a profit. I know this isn't exactly what an investment banker does, but has the same concept I guess.

So, I either go to university next year, at a semi-target university, or I have a chance to apply to Land Economy at Cambridge and other economic courses at target universities. Which one do you think I should choose? Any advice?
MikeOksmall
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Really down to you, if you think you can spend the gap year well and don’t mind the wait for university, you might as well go for the gap year. If you don’t mind going to the semi-target uni and want to go to uni after A-levels do that.
Raja12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by MikeOksmall)
Really down to you, if you think you can spend the gap year well and don’t mind the wait for university, you might as well go for the gap year. If you don’t mind going to the semi-target uni and want to go to uni after A-levels do that.
what would you do if you were in my situation?
MikeOksmall
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You said you wanted to aim for the higher unis so I’d say just go for it - especially if you aren’t in a rush and would benefit from the gap year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (55)
13.89%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (53)
13.38%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (150)
37.88%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (42)
10.61%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (75)
18.94%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.3%

Watched Threads