The Student Room Group

Ucas???

Hey I have a few minutes questions;
Few months ago I started my personal statement. It is no finalised and in the UCAS box. I have checked my application numerous times for errors and corrected any.

I am applying for biomedical science (15 January deadline) so I have done this early.
Our teacher is currently writing the medicine students reference but I am wondering if I can press submit now. If I press submit will it be sent as I don’t know what is on the page after “pay”-too worried to press.

How can I see my references?? Is it the case I will press submit and it will be sent to my school for them to add when they want to do it and then they will send it to ucas.

Or is it the case that if I press submit it will just officially send (obviously without the teacher starting my reference)

Am I okay to send it off early?
I’ve read on ucas-teachers can add I’d anything has affected your learning (which is has-but the teachers don’t know about this) what do I do as I am worried about how I will perform?

Do I press submit and pay myself as I have heard that the school pay not the individual??
Thank you for reading, I understand this is time consuming but just appreciate how much I want this and I am trying to get it right first time in case they send it back saying “applicant has no references lol”
Yeah you have to wait until your teachers add the reference before submitting an application. Submitting it without the reference would not work
Original post by MikeOksmall
Yeah you have to wait until your teachers add the reference before submitting an application. Submitting it without the reference would not work

I don’t know when they have added it.
Will they let me know “I have added it so you can press submit”??

also thank you for much!!
Is that yes to all of my questions
Your teachers should tell you when you can submit - usually when the reference is done and they’ve checked through all the info to make sure you haven’t made a mistake.

That's not true

The way it happens is that you submit it, it then goes to your centre for the reference to be attached and then it goes off to UCAS
Reply 6
Original post by MedicWil
That's not true

The way it happens is that you submit it, it then goes to your centre for the reference to be attached and then it goes off to UCAS

No, Mike is right - it goes to the centre for reference to be attached but then you have to resubmit it. This happened to me.
Original post by JBharvey
No, Mike is right - it goes to the centre for reference to be attached but then you have to resubmit it. This happened to me.

So I can press submit n pay
No - because the reference has not been added.
You application isnt complete so you can't yet submit it.
Reply 9
Also you pay yourself actually, or your parents if you can’t pay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending