can i get a gf??

Watch
PonyWizzy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous370)
Wow awesome advice there !!! Very helpful, thanks, nice to hear directly from a girl's point of view too ! Thanks again
Haha no problem glad i could help tbh
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
Really? 5'10 is tall! Although I am 5'1 so compared to me, everything is tall 😂
I felt that 🤣
PonyWizzy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
may i ask how you guys met?? i literally spend half of my day on PC and never found a girl to talk to. lol
okai over like the past 6 ywqrs ive dated like maybe 5 guys? idk usually ik them irl and I'll talk to them online n then idk it just happens ig. I must admit tho that i havent been particularly sucessful in getting a lasting relationship probably bc of age etc. idk but i feel like maybe sometimes im a difficult girl to get along with
on your PC all the time? haha saaaaame 😂 i spend all day gaming when im im not working so thats fine lol
actly ig i found my boyf bc we were both on discord on some game servers together n we got talking so. im actly his first ever girlfriend and thats been the case for the past 2 relationships as well.
if your worrief about not having the same interests, thats honestly not a problem, they'll always be some common ground somehwere and even if you dont understand what she likes make an effort to talk about it with her, or vice versa she should be willing to talk abt the stuff you like. e.g my boyfriend is studying car mechanics at college and i dont know anything about cars at all but i still try and talk to him about it! just dont don and pretend you know something if you dont in an attempt to gain favour - she'll respect you more for trying to understand what she likes when your not that into it than you pretending you know everything.
any more advice needed y'all can send me a pm bc this thread is killing my phone notifications haha
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
I felt that 🤣
Honestly too relatable, huh? 😂
Scottishlad888
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah this is literally me, but I'm a girl and never had a boyfriend. I literally worry about the exact same thing.

I don't think how tall you are or whether you still have your baby face or not is really a big deal, not in my opinion anyway. Plus, 5"8 is still tall.

From what you've said, you actually seem quite nice and I'm you'll do fine. I have better hope for you than I do for myself 😂❤
l thought you were a guy you have a picture of a guy up ?
ChaddVinyl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am 18 and next year i will be in uni. I never tried to date any girl in my school and planning to date someone once i get to university. But my friends are telling me that it will be hard for me to get into relationship when i get into uni. Their reason is that girls don't like short and childish type of guy like me. Now how much truth is that? Don't give me any false hope and try to tell me the truth. I recently saw many post in TSR, about guy getting rejected for being short. I don't want to get rejected by girls because of my height.

A little about me - I got olive skin, average looking face with childish vibe, 5'8 in height, not too skinny , nor too buffed.

Thanks
If it makes you feel any better I'm around the same height, and am a pretty average build. The truth is I used to worry like you, but you will find that women are attracted to all different types of men - it comes down to personal preference. Girls tend to like someone who is nice, respectful, and doesn't rush into things (if you know what I mean). Just be yourself, have fun, and if you meet the right person it will happen. I met my partner outside a Cafe Nero haha I wasted years of my life pretending to be a 'tough guy' (very very badly)

Marc
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
l thought you were a guy you have a picture of a guy up ?
Haha. It's just a celebrity I like that goes with the name. Spur of the moment decision. Maybe I should change it... :hmmmm2:😂
Last edited by ItsStarLordMan; 2 weeks ago
username5378306
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would like to think girls wouldn’t be too picky on height - I’m about 5’9, as I’ve said most won’t care. My girlfriend is just over 5’0 and was also concerned about her height also - so it’s not just a guy thing.
Bongo Bongo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lool, I swear about half the threads on tsr are troll threads.
dj_ad_1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Really? 5'10 is tall! Although I am 5'1 so compared to me, everything is tall 😂
just a small world bro
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Haha. It's just a celebrity I like that goes with the name. Spur of the moment decision. Maybe I should change it... :hmmmm2:😂
We all make spur of the moment decisions lol
Anonymous #6
Report 2 weeks ago
no
Rarest
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'll be honest, 5'8 is a little on the shorter side, but its not too bad. Girls would not rule you out immediately because of that height. It might seem like every woman at uni wants a guy 6ft+ but trust me, there are plenty of woman who don't mind and will find you attractive. I have seen guys a lot shorter than you have multiple girlfriends (obviously not at the same time though) so don't worry about it too much.

Just try not to be insecure about your height or get desperate in your attempts to get a gf because girls can kinda sense desperation and insecurity and this will be a big turn off.
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We all make spur of the moment decisions lol
For definite! Do you think I should change it so people realise? :hmmmm:
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For definite! Do you think I should change it so people realise? :hmmmm:
Well its your choice l am the only one that knows so far my smiling face lol
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well its your choice l am the only one that knows so far my smiling face lol
True. I think people know on another thread like this bc I basically said it so... But glad I could make you smile
Anonymous #7
Report 2 weeks ago
I am 18 and next year i will be in uni. I never tried to date any girl in my school and planning to date someone once i get to university. But my friends are telling me that it will be hard for me to get into relationship when i get into uni. Their reason is that girls don't like short and childish type of guy like me. Now how much truth is that? Don't give me any false hope and try to tell me the truth. I recently saw many post in TSR, about guy getting rejected for being short. I don't want to get rejected by girls because of my height.

A little about me - I got olive skin, average looking face with childish vibe, 5'8 in height, not too skinny , nor too buffed.

Thanks
don’t worry, if u think about it there’s plenty of us girls who haven’t dated in HS. personally 5”8s taller than me so idc, but mainly ur personality matters. i couldn’t care less about looks as long as ur funny and nice and respectful ! i’m sure there’s other girls like me too
White_whale8000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Best tip is be yourself, umm you can be childish but also if its in a serios situation obviously not, you can find someone, if your just always uplifting and positive it can be seen as childish but umm yh also if a virl says no bcs of your height you can do the same about weight
Also also im just 5'7 its easy just be confident about it, pick up lines dont usually work so just say something like ' hi my name is (enter name) i just wanted to say that your pretty, rn im hungry do wanna join'
This should work
Last edited by White_whale8000; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #7
Report 2 weeks ago

Thanks
i’d date anyone based off personality. if ur funny, smart, get my sarcasm, and are basically a hopeless romantic im down. i don’t care for the “lads” tbh id rather someone quiter more respectful to stick with for the long run
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
True. I think people know on another thread like this bc I basically said it so... But glad I could make you smile
People know on another thread l am so sad l am the Happy Chappy lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (93)
22.36%
No (323)
77.64%

Watched Threads