I feel like a big failure

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
To be honest, lately I feel lost. I feel like I’m a failure, my A level results couldn’t even land me in my desired university which means I’m 2 years behind now and then I was told that I could of actually gotten my university place as my lecturers were considering me a lot of international clearing students had filled the course so I have no chance. This has left me even more sad because every opportunity that I get always gets taken away. My old high school friends who had attended a sixth form in a better area had gotten into the university I wanted to go to even though they had gotten U’s in their mocks and their teachers had given them an A for their CAG grades. This is totally unfair as I had gotten an A for my mock and my teacher had given me a C for my CAG grades. I’ve realised that I just have bad luck at this point that at points I don’t even think I’m capable to get into my desired career, I had a clear plan but now it’s back to square one. Can anyone give me words of wisdom :/
BlackkQueen12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
babes its ok
honestly see this as a blessing in a curse
take your time and redo whatever you need to
for all you know you could exceed farther than what you originally had in mind

be true to yourself and dont let anyone else pull you down ok?
imxks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i'm really sorry you're going through this. it's really hard and completely understandable to be upset and feel down when others around you have it better. please, please do not let this put down your self esteem. i know everyone says it but you're so much more than your grades, especially this year as they were unfairly given. if you're the type of person to think everything happens for a reason, this is especially relevant to what's happening. on the practical side, are you thinking of sitting your exams or applying next year? you could do an apprenticeship or get a job instead to keep yourself occupied because, especially during covid times, it's hard to not overthink. i hope you feel better soon
Anonymous #1
(Original post by imxks)
i'm really sorry you're going through this. it's really hard and completely understandable to be upset and feel down when others around you have it better. please, please do not let this put down your self esteem. i know everyone says it but you're so much more than your grades, especially this year as they were unfairly given. if you're the type of person to think everything happens for a reason, this is especially relevant to what's happening. on the practical side, are you thinking of sitting your exams or applying next year? you could do an apprenticeship or get a job instead to keep yourself occupied because, especially during covid times, it's hard to not overthink. i hope you feel better soon
I’m resitting my exams next month so I’m studying few hours everyday as I’m trying to achieve my grades. It’s just kinda hard as sometimes I feel to just give up. I really want to become a solicitor so I’m just having to take a gap year this year. I do want to get a job however during COVID I don’t think it’s safe as I have a medical condition but thank you💖
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BlackkQueen12)
babes its ok
honestly see this as a blessing in a curse
take your time and redo whatever you need to
for all you know you could exceed farther than what you originally had in mind

be true to yourself and dont let anyone else pull you down ok?
Thank you for your kind words💖
imxks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m resitting my exams next month so I’m studying few hours everyday as I’m trying to achieve my grades. It’s just kinda hard as sometimes I feel to just give up. I really want to become a solicitor so I’m just having to take a gap year this year. I do want to get a job however during COVID I don’t think it’s safe as I have a medical condition but thank you💖
that's valid you're feeling that way and i think it's also something you might want to acknowledge is okay to feel. sometimes it feels like situations would be easier if you gave up or just distracted yourself away from the problem, but there's also a balance needed. you've gone through a lot, especially with covid, exams, lack of school etc, it's been a weird time for everyone. make sure you take breaks with your studying and spend time with those who you care about and who care about you. if it's your thing you could consider tutoring online or other jobs that are available online. x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise