*****Business a level in one year!!!!*****

Watch
xyz99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi

I’m planning on starting to self study a level business this month and I’m planning on taking the exam this summer. I’m not doing this out of choice but I’m trying to get extra ucas points

I self studied gcse business and got a 7 but that was a year ago so I think I may have gone a bit rusty...

Does anyone have any resources or advice for me (should I choose an easier alevel??)

Please feel free to share advice and also if you’re in a similar situation please let me know!!

Thanks
tiktoksensation
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's one thing to self-study a GCSE but an A Level could prove a lot more difficult. It is possible though. What exactly are you looking to apply for and what have you achieved already?
xyz99
Rep:
?
(Original post by tiktoksensation)
It's one thing to self-study a GCSE but an A Level could prove a lot more difficult. It is possible though. What exactly are you looking to apply for and what have you achieved already?
I’m doing a btec diploma in construction as part of an apprenticeship however I’m gonna do this to boost my ucas points as bcos of corona I haven’t been given accurate predictions for my btec
xyz99
Rep:
?
I’m literally open to doing any easy alevel to boost my ucas points
tiktoksensation
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xyz99)
I’m doing a btec diploma in construction as part of an apprenticeship however I’m gonna do this to boost my ucas points as bcos of corona I haven’t been given accurate predictions for my btec
Ah I see. Is there any chance you could take your predictions up with your teachers? An A Level on top of the work you're already doing for the BTEC and your apprenticeship would be a lot to balance. If you think you can do it then it's certainly possible. There are distance courses out there (ICS Learn for example) which could help prepare you for your exams if that's something you would be willing to consider.
xyz99
Rep:
?
Ah I see. Is there any chance you could take your predictions up with your teachers? An A Level on top of the work you're already doing for the BTEC and your apprenticeship would be a lot to balance. If you think you can do it then it's certainly possible. There are distance courses out there (ICS Learn for example) which could help prepare you for your exams if that's something you would be willing to consider.
Ngl I would do the ics learn thing but even if I get an E in the alevel then it’ll still give me the amount of points I need...

Unfortunately there’s no chance of my predicted grades going up as they mass marked and didn’t look at individual cases

I’m going to have a look at textbooks and hopefully start this weekend - are you studying alevel biz by any chance
tiktoksensation
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xyz99)
Ngl I would do the ics learn thing but even if I get an E in the alevel then it’ll still give me the amount of points I need...

Unfortunately there’s no chance of my predicted grades going up as they mass marked and didn’t look at individual cases

I’m going to have a look at textbooks and hopefully start this weekend - are you studying alevel biz by any chance
I'm not, I'm doing a BTEC in Applied Science. I know that if I was in the same situation then there's no way I could possibly balance the BTEC with an A Level as well. That's the point I was trying to make. I considered taking GCSE Chemistry this year to help me get into a few of the courses I was looking at but even then I still wouldn't risk it. At the moment I'm just trying to focus on getting the best grades in the BTEC that I can. What are you predicted?
xyz99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm not, I'm doing a BTEC in Applied Science. I know that if I was in the same situation then there's no way I could possibly balance the BTEC with an A Level as well. That's the point I was trying to make. I considered taking GCSE Chemistry this year to help me get into a few of the courses I was looking at but even then I still wouldn't risk it. At the moment I'm just trying to focus on getting the best grades in the BTEC that I can. What are you predicted?
Predicted a DM in the btec...

I've decided to go ahead with the alevel - just decided whether to go aqa or edexcel
tiktoksensation
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by xyz99)
Predicted a DM in the btec...

I've decided to go ahead with the alevel - just decided whether to go aqa or edexcel
DM isn't a bad grade. It's equivalent to AC at A Level. I actually thought you were doing the Extended Diploma which is worth 3 A Levels but if you're only doing the Diploma then an A Level might not be as much of a struggle. As for which exam board you should use, there isn't a huge difference in content between AQA, Edexcel and OCR. The main things to consider are the fees involved as each board charges different amounts and which boards the exam centres closest to you use.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads