Stuck with what career path to take

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
I have GCSEs passed all my subjects got 2 A’s 3 B’s and 3 C’s

I didn’t concentrate well during college and ended up getting kicked out.
I later did a 1 year access course in health science and got distinctions and merits, I wasn’t able to go university due to family issues.

I am now 20 and I don’t know what to do, people in my age group will now be going on to third year university and I haven’t done nothing in life im even struggling to get a part time job.

Please can someone help me and guide me on what I should do please help.
Abzzz57
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I later did a 1 year access course in health science and got distinctions and merits, I wasn’t able to go university due to family issues.

I am now 20 and I don’t know what to do, people in my age group will now be going on to third year university and I haven’t done nothing in life im even struggling to get a part time job.

Hi, sorry to hear your feeling a bit stuck at the minute, I think as you are kind of in a rut, take some time to figure out exactly what you want to do as a career and where you see yourself in 5 years time.. what your priorities are in life and what makes you the happiest. Then when you have a rough idea of the answers to the above, look into what exactly you would need to do those things, including grades, money, degree, experience etc and then break those down and figure out what you want to do from there..

Even at 20 you still have plenty of time to figure everything out, im 26 and just finished a foundation year at university, before that I did loads of different jobs until I figured out exactly what I'm passionate about! Just take your time, and don't compare yourself to other people, some people will have their ideal career at 19 others 59 so don't worry to much about them and concentrate on what you want to do! I wish you the best!
MalcolmX
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 hours ago

Life is not a race. Only go to university when you know what you want to do in life.
Anonymous #2
Report 12 hours ago
i'm going uni next week and still not sure if i should study biomedical science or not coz apparently its hard to find jobs and i have anxiety so i get nervous when starting new things.
tiktoksensation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 hours ago

Hey. I didn't finish my GCSEs until I was 18 and I won't be starting university until I'm almost 21. I used to worry a lot about being behind everyone else my age but in the end it makes no difference. You just need to focus on yourself. At the age of 20, you still have your whole life ahead of you. Jobs are difficult to come by at the moment due to the pandemic but lots of businesses are beginning to reopen every day. As for your studies, if you're still having family troubles then the Open University is always an option. You could transfer your OU credits to another university once your situation calms down. Otherwise, UCAS is open for 2021 entry and I'd encourage you to apply if you're able.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (21)
17.65%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (11)
9.24%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (48)
40.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (9)
7.56%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (26)
21.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.36%

Watched Threads