The Student Room Group

Am i skinny?

Scroll to see replies

Eat in a caloric surplus and follow a proper gym program.
You should be fine as long as you are eating enough proper food and are exercising every now and then.
I'm 5'11 and around 55kg and I don't think there's anything wrong with me.
5'5 and a male? that must be tough
Do pushups every day, do 10 reps times 3 sets
Reply 24
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Do pushups every day, do 10 reps times 3 sets

will try it out!
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
5'5 and a male? that must be tough

i’m 15
Original post by Gagann
i’m 15

well im a 14 yr old female and im taller.
well im a 14 yr old female and im taller.

Have some apostrophes: ' '
Original post by Rufus the red
Have some apostrophes: ' '

what?
what?

You didn't use any apostrophes in your prior post so I wondered if you'd run out and as I have plenty to spare I offered you a couple.
Original post by Rufus the red
You didn't use any apostrophes in your prior post so I wondered if you'd run out and as I have plenty to spare I offered you a couple.

why do i need apostriphies
why do i need apostriphies

As it is correct grammatically to say I'm as opposed to im and as a pedant I find this particularly irksome.
Original post by Gagann
will try it out!

For you, at the moment your body and muscles are still growing, so make sure you have a good balanced diet and don't worry too much about your body shape and size at the moment.

Start doing a few pushups, tricep dips and bidcep curls if you have dumbells.

When you get to 17 or 18 you can then join the gym and start putting on muscle with a good diet. But don't be in a rush or you'll lose motivation.
Eat lots and you'll put on weight as you get older then after 23 you'll struggle to stay slim
Original post by Gagann
I’ve never worked out the proper way, it’s always been a gym session with friends trying out new machines and seeing who can lift the highest. Do you think you could guide me in any way on how to start or any change in diet?

Eat more, do bodyweight exercises (this should work especially well for upper body), get into running (running is amazing for your body imo, really helps with mental health as well, along with gaining leg muscle). I started like this at home. Then started going to to the gym once I was comfortable with the way my body moved during exercise.
Btw I'm 20 and a girl but this advice should work for anyone
Original post by Gagann
Am i skinny for my age. I’m 15 years old and everyone in my family and even friends say i’m skinny. I weight around 45kg but i have no muscle and my bones could possibly be seen. Is there anything i could do to improve this?

eat some food bro duh
Reply 36
will do

Quick Reply

Latest