Just got my 3rd year uni timetable.. 6 days a week?? 10am-7pm???

Watch
allowitmate
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just got my university timetable for my third year studying television (study in london) it says I am in 6 days a week including every single saturday which is 10am-7pm?
Some days it is online classes due to covid, some days it says i have to go into the building for class but some days have both on site class and also have online classes scheduled for the same day to go in? none of this makes sense and they removed the portal to post discussions cause it was related to 2nd year, i won't know anything until i go back in a few weeks

Is this normal for third year of university? I have to quit my job now if this is my timetable..
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by allowitmate)
I just got my university timetable for my third year studying television (study in london) it says I am in 6 days a week including every single saturday which is 10am-7pm?
Some days it is online classes due to covid, some days it says i have to go into the building for class but some days have both on site class and also have online classes scheduled for the same day to go in? none of this makes sense and they removed the portal to post discussions cause it was related to 2nd year, i won't know anything until i go back in a few weeks

Is this normal for third year of university? I have to quit my job now if this is my timetable..
Start up a discord and spread by word of mouth.
Talk to the student rep.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by allowitmate)

You probably need to dig into that in more detail and actually see what you are scheduled to attend personally. Odds are your univiersity is trying to spread people out in time and space as much as possible so they can still do in person teaching with a low enough density to social distance safely - thats a good thing so roll with it. I expect that you won't actually be scheduled on an activity for a big fraction of the available hours. My place is doing the same, some labs are open about 2x longer hours than normal, students are not expected to be in all that extra time, they get specific slots to limit the number of people at any one time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed