BiggestGrinder
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ever since i got my A-level results(c,c,e) i have been researching on what the next best step is for me. Thus leading me to enroll into Sheff Hallam Uni mostly because my mom really wanted me to go uni. This was despite me wanting to retake year 13(Literally played video games for 2 years , yes i know... my fault. As well as paying little to no attention in lessons and only revising days before for y12 and y13 jan mocks)However, i really want to retake and will be able to convince mum, but its just the question if i can drop out now? Also is it possible to leave now without a penny to my name?Although i do understand it will be annoying for the uni. Btw want to retake for many reasons such as getting into a better uni, more time to be prepared and i know IF i put the work in i will be getting higher grades.
Last edited by BiggestGrinder; 1 week ago
historynerd47
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes you can drop out, but I am not sure on the finances. I had to defer my place due to medical reasons two years ago (went last year yay) and all I had to pay for was the accommodation deposit, however luckily my uni were nice and wrote it off.
BiggestGrinder
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by historynerd47)
Yes you can drop out, but I am not sure on the finances. I had to defer my place due to medical reasons two years ago (went last year yay) and all I had to pay for was the accommodation deposit, however luckily my uni were nice and wrote it off.
Tysm, going to call up in the morning. Hopefully i can sort everything out, fingers crossed.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by BiggestGrinder)
Tysm, going to call up in the morning. Hopefully i can sort everything out, fingers crossed.
Yes give them a call today - if you haven’t enrolled yet you should be ok apart from any accommodation deposit you have paid but see what they say
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by BiggestGrinder)
Ever since i got my A-level results(c,c,e) i have been researching on what the next best step is for me. Thus leading me to enroll into Sheff Hallam Uni mostly because my mom really wanted me to go uni. This was despite me wanting to retake year 13(Literally played video games for 2 years , yes i know... my fault. As well as paying little to no attention in lessons and only revising days before for y12 and y13 jan mocks)However, i really want to retake and will be able to convince mum, but its just the question if i can drop out now? Also is it possible to leave now without a penny to my name?Although i do understand it will be annoying for the uni. Btw want to retake for many reasons such as getting into a better uni, more time to be prepared and i know IF i put the work in i will be getting higher grades.
Hi BiggestGrinder,

I can understand that this puts you in a difficult situation, but you have to do what is right for you! What course were you going to study at Hallam? If this is really something you don't want to study then it makes sense to reconsider your options. Call up our admissions team on 0114 225 5533 and have a chat with them, they are there to help you work out what is best for you and will be able to give you some great advice.

However, I would carefully consider if you are going to enjoy retaking your a-levels, would this mean you have to go back into classes? Will you get on with the year below? Do you have a uni and course in mind and know what you need to achieve? I'm sure it will be fine and if that is what you want to do you can focus on what needs to be done, but I would have a good think. They will also be able to tell you about the financial implications if any.

Let me know if you have any questions!
- Ella
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (9)
17.31%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (14)
26.92%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.77%
No, I haven't received any communication (26)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed