I don’t know how to react to this

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I experienced something today that has never happened to me before and I don’t know what to make of it.
Basically, I was walking down the street today and out of nowhere, this man (probably late 20s early 30s) says “are you having a nice day”
Now obviously I wasn’t expecting this so I wasn’t sure if he was addressing me (it turns out he was adressing me) or someone else and I just kind of panicked and I think it was pretty obvious.
He then goes onto say “you’re a very beautiful girl, very beautiful” and I was like ?? Because it was just so random. He seemed like a nice person but like I don’t know if he meant what he said in a genuine way or a creepy way, nonetheless I said “thank you” in a very flustered way and practically ran away because I was just so confused about what had just happened.
Nobody has ever said anything like this to me so directly and I know it may seem like a small thing but I’m kind of disturbed by it, like did he mean it in a nice way, a creepy way or something else. Nobody says anything like this to me and I don’t get much attention from guys so I know I’m not attractive so for someone to say this, it was just so weird and random and idk how to react to it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I know this may come across as an attention seeking post but genuinely, I’m slightly uncomfortable with this, like it’s never happened before.
I’m sure he was just being nice but still, it was just really weird for me for him to be so direct about it and say it so casually
LaPregunta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Katzen)
Hssssss helllo therrreeee my preccciioooousss, my my what a massive coincidence it just so happpeeeen that I was the 40 year old man that had said you were beautiful. Indeed you are very beautiful my precccioous.

Why did you ruunnn away from me? I had sooo much to tell you about how I find you beautiful my preccciioooussss.

I have a nice white van I’d like to invite you in my preccciooousss hssssssss
I find this to be rather insensitive. If it were funny, I might look passed that aspect.
Katzen
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by LaPregunta)
I find this to be rather insensitive. If it were funny, I might look passed that aspect.
That’s okay, no one cares about your opinion anyway lmao. “Hmm it was funny I might have looked passed” yo, calm yourself. You ain’t no British judge or something.
chloeebrown09
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hssssss helllo therrreeee my preccciioooousss, my my what a massive coincidence it just so happpeeeen that I was the 40 year old man that had said you were beautiful. Indeed you are very beautiful my precccioous.

Why did you ruunnn away from me? I had sooo much to tell you about how I find you beautiful my preccciioooussss.

i think she was genuinely worried about this. maybe show some support or give her some advice. :sadnod:
LaPregunta
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
That’s okay, no one cares about your opinion anyway lmao. “Hmm it was funny I might have looked passed” yo, calm yourself. You ain’t no British judge or something.
Incorrect— you (and whoever agrees with you) do not care for my opinion. It doesn't bother me, really, who cares for my opinion; I don't make it to gain support, I make it because I will.

Still, you attempt to be funny? the very lowbrow of The Student Room may laugh but you do more to prove yourself an immature idiot.
chloeebrown09
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Honestly my advice would’ve been to beat the sh!t out of him but easier said than done.
im sorry, im confused.
Katzen
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
im sorry, im confused.
I said that my advice would’ve been that she should beat the hell out of him but I didn’t say that because I know that it’s easy for me to say that than for her to do it.

Most likely there is no issue but if this guy tries his luck again just tell him to **** off and die.
chloeebrown09
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I said that my advice would’ve been that she should beat the hell out of him but I didn’t say that because I know that it’s easy for me to say that than for her to do it.

Most likely there is no issue but if this guy tries his luck again just tell him to **** off and die.
oh ok. sorry i didnt understand at first. but yes, if it happens again i'd say something.
beneficialgirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
??? Just sounds like the normal daily life of any woman walking down the street and being approached by creeps , you must be young or just coming into your womanhood
chloeebrown09
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by beneficialgirl)
??? Just sounds like the normal daily life of any woman walking down the street and being approached by creeps , you must be young or just coming into your womanhood
thats what i thought maybe.
chloeebrown09
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello beautiful, Can you open up your curtains slightly more so i can get a better view of you my beutiful?
chill out. its not funny. offer her support or advice. if not leave. go troll on another thread :nothing:
hajima
Badges: 18
Report 3 days ago
Okay I know what I said was creepy but at least 1) I was being creative and was the first to do it and 2) I wasn’t doing it behind an anonymous tag so...go f*ck yourself?
I appreciate your posts, they make me chuckle. Please continue.
BlackkQueen12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago

:rofl:
hate it but i couldnt help but laugh
BlackkQueen12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
this has happened to me a few times lol

so tbh i would be kind of worried too
make sure he isnt a stalker
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by LaPregunta)
Incorrect— you (and whoever agrees with you) do not care for my opinion. It doesn't bother me, really, who cares for my opinion; I don't make it to gain support, I make it because I will.

Still, you attempt to be funny? the very lowbrow of The Student Room may laugh but you do more to prove yourself an immature idiot.
Nothing wrong with lowbrow humour. No need to crap on it just because you think you're above it.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I experienced something today that has never happened to me before and I don’t know what to make of it.
Basically, I was walking down the street today and out of nowhere, this man (probably late 20s early 30s) says “are you having a nice day”
Now obviously I wasn’t expecting this so I wasn’t sure if he was addressing me (it turns out he was adressing me) or someone else and I just kind of panicked and I think it was pretty obvious.
He then goes onto say “you’re a very beautiful girl, very beautiful” and I was like ?? Because it was just so random. He seemed like a nice person but like I don’t know if he meant what he said in a genuine way or a creepy way, nonetheless I said “thank you” in a very flustered way and practically ran away because I was just so confused about what had just happened.
Nobody has ever said anything like this to me so directly and I know it may seem like a small thing but I’m kind of disturbed by it, like did he mean it in a nice way, a creepy way or something else. Nobody says anything like this to me and I don’t get much attention from guys so I know I’m not attractive so for someone to say this, it was just so weird and random and idk how to react to it
Best thing to do in that situation is to ignore and keep walking.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
How old are you, OP?

Last paragraph first: noooo, not getting attention does not mean you are unattractive. It's the whole package of presentation and personality; that doesn't mean just looks, it's a smile, dressing nicely, how you act that makes you attractive.

People seem to be more polite and chatty with corinavirus around, but even the first comment sounds a bit creepy when it's just given out at random on the street. Ignore, keep.your head up and just keep walking; don't look underconfident. If anyone ever gets a bit persistent, either duck into the nearest shop and stand near a counter where there's staff or tell them to leave you alone loudly enough for other people around you to hear; he's looking for attention from you, not the whole street.
LaPregunta
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Okay I know what I said was creepy but at least 1) I was being creative and was the first to do it and 2) I wasn’t doing it behind an anonymous tag so...go f*ck yourself?
How very creative! I suppose you're impressed by fortnite dances...
LaPregunta
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Nothing wrong with lowbrow humour. No need to crap on it just because you think you're above it.
That's not the reason I'm "crapping" on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.53%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (45)
14.85%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (106)
34.98%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.57%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (66)
21.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.28%

Watched Threads