Have you ever had a crush on a friend’s boyfriend/girlfriend?

Watch
sunny.side.up
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
No, I'd feel horrible if I did :/
same.
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
wdym ?
Tendency for humans not to see the good we already have but see the seemingly nice things about someone else's girlfriend/boyfriend and not notice or be aware of the less visible negative stuff, sometimes produces feelings of envy or crush - the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
(Original post by NowAndThen)
Tendency for humans not to see the good we already have but see the seemingly nice things about someone else's girlfriend/boyfriend and not notice or be aware of the less visible negative stuff, sometimes produces feelings of envy or crush - the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
ahh ok. thank you for explaining
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, a couple of times as a teenager.

The first time they dated for years, and by the time they split up, I had moved on..

The second time, I got closer to the girl while they were dating, but didn't actually do anything. They then broke up, and I made my move a few months after, and we dated for a couple of years.

The boyfriend of the second girl was only a casual friend of mine, but he must have hated me. I was spending way more time then he was with his girlfriend and I think it was pretty obvious that I was interested. Good thing she was as well to be honest, otherwise I'd have had a pretty pathetic time.
NowAndThen
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)

The first time they dated for years, and by the time they split up, I had moved on..

The second time, I got closer to the girl while they were dating, but didn't actually do anything. They then broke up, and I made my move a few months after, and we dated for a couple of years.

The boyfriend of the second girl was only a casual friend of mine, but he must have hated me. I was spending way more time then he was with his girlfriend and I think it was pretty obvious that I was interested. Good thing she was as well to be honest, otherwise I'd have had a pretty pathetic time.
Don't you think you did well by being honest with yourself and made a move to clarify the situation? The alternative will be regret.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by NowAndThen)
Don't you think you did well by being honest with yourself and made a move to clarify the situation? The alternative will be regret.
Back then I did regret not making a move on the first girl - your right, the result was that I never knew if we could have had something.

For the second girl, it was pretty clear her relationship with her boyfriend was ending, so I think in that case just biding your time is best, you don't want to get caught up in the drama of a relationship ending or having you being the cause of their last brekaup be the foundation of your relationship.
NowAndThen
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Back then I did regret not making a move on the first girl - your right, the result was that I never knew if we could have had something.

For the second girl, it was pretty clear her relationship with her boyfriend was ending, so I think in that case just biding your time is best, you don't want to get caught up in the drama of a relationship ending or having you being the cause of their last brekaup be the foundation of your relationship.
The first one you mentioned sounded more like an infatuation, without knowing the details.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?

wow thats a lot! :eek: did you ever get into arguments with your friends becase of it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (74)
21.51%
No (270)
78.49%

Watched Threads