The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship and university at same time

HI everyone 😆 has anybody managed to do both apprenticeship and degree at same time? I'm Planning to go to Birkbeck(evenings ) and same time employer offered apprenticeship. Im worried if they would stop funding for degree if I start apprenticeship as well same time . Thanks !!
Original post by surfsumi
HI everyone 😆 has anybody managed to do both apprenticeship and degree at same time? I'm Planning to go to Birkbeck(evenings ) and same time employer offered apprenticeship. Im worried if they would stop funding for degree if I start apprenticeship as well same time . Thanks !!

Hi,

As far as I’m aware you can’t be funded twice (a student loan is classed as funding now).

I know this is not what you want to hear so I would check with the ESFA for the most up to date rules.

Birkbeck by the way is amazing for evening degrees, good choice!

Have you considered a degree apprenticeship?

Hope that helps but try and confirm before making a decision!

Best of luck!

Mohamed Nakhuda
Reply 2
Original post by mohamed.nakhuda
Hi,

As far as I’m aware you can’t be funded twice (a student loan is classed as funding now).

I know this is not what you want to hear so I would check with the ESFA for the most up to date rules.

Birkbeck by the way is amazing for evening degrees, good choice!

Have you considered a degree apprenticeship?

Hope that helps but try and confirm before making a decision!

Best of luck!

Mohamed Nakhuda

Hi Mohamed.. Thanks for the reply. My employer is NHS and currently on a permanent position. They offered me this as a further training on a different role than my current role. I still have to work on my current job and need to find time to complete course related tasks. Do you think this would be classified as government funded apprenticeship? I have checked on ESFA but couldn't find anything related.
Thanks again! !
Original post by surfsumi
Hi Mohamed.. Thanks for the reply. My employer is NHS and currently on a permanent position. They offered me this as a further training on a different role than my current role. I still have to work on my current job and need to find time to complete course related tasks. Do you think this would be classified as government funded apprenticeship? I have checked on ESFA but couldn't find anything related.
Thanks again! !

Hi again,

No problem at all and you at the NHS all deserve medals and a massive pay rise.

I’d look up apprenticeship agreements as they supersede your employment contract from my understanding. I’m 99% sure regarding the funding rules, I just haven’t had the chance to look them up and read through.

Hope it works out!

Mohamed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending