what kind of career options could you take (interesting)

Watch
yourlocalwasian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, my parents consatntly pressure me into being a doctor or lawyer but as much as i respect people in those professions nothing like that appeals to me. Also if i have any other kind of career option im intersted in if its not maths, science, english based they just say 'use you're brains' or basically call me useless if i dont want to be their puppet and be a doctor.

Im really interested in moving abroad when im older i just dont think the Uk as much as i love it is somewhere i want to spend my working life, i jyst feel like i need to have a job thats interesting to me and doesnt suck the life out of me.

Basically im really interesting in pursuing English or business (but thats just a bit too risky for me) and im fascinated by the idea of teaching english abroad in a country like Japan or somewhere like that. Anyone else in a similair position or what do you guys want to do as a career x
lcc2020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
go for your passiion
Leahtaylor125
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
go for your passion, as bad as it sounds, when your parents are dead and gone, you still have to live with that career
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (2)
20%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (4)
40%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (4)
40%

Watched Threads