Do they check your luggage and what you bring in University?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just wondering if the university check what you bring when you move in to their accommodation.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They don't tend to.
You will most likely have room inspections at some point or other so it isn't wise to bring anything that flouts their policies.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just wondering if the university check what you bring when you move in to their accommodation.
Hiya!

In first year when I moved into a halls of accommodation they didn't check our bags. I also don't know of anyone who did have their bags checked. However, the staff will do random walk ins occasionally just to come see how every flat are and to make sure you're okay, or to deal with any complaints.

Hope this helps! Sam- Official Student Rep
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

In my experience they didn't check our bags or what we brought with us. They did provide us with a document of forbidden items though and within our first week we had a presentation reminding us that these items were not allowed. In my experience we did have room inspections (though I can't remember how frequently) but this wasn't invasive and was just to check that everything was as it should be
Hope this helps!

Millie,
Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads