Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
When you break up with someone, do block them? Or just delete their number? What do you do?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
There's need for any of that. There's also no need to hold a grudge against an ex partner. Just move on with your lives and focus on healing yourself.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
There's need for any of that. There's also no need to hold a grudge against an ex partner. Just move on with your lives and focus on healing yourself.
Ok so maybe block is a little harsh. But surely you’d delete the number?
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It depends on how it ended and how well you feel you'd cope with it.

If it ended well and you plan on being friends still, keep their contact details but give eachother some space.

If it ended badly and you think you'd be tempted to message them again, or it would hurt to talk to them, then just cut them out.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When you break up with someone, do block them? Or just delete their number? What do you do?
Depends on how bad the break-up was and whether you want to keep in contact with them.

If you still want to be friends and can both cope with that, keep contact details. If you don't want to talk to them again, delete the number and block them; what's the point of doing one and not the other in this situation?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Depends on how bad the break-up was and whether you want to keep in contact with them.

If you still want to be friends and can both cope with that, keep contact details. If you don't want to talk to them again, delete the number and block them; what's the point of doing one and not the other in this situation?
What if I got a new girlfriend?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The pleasant thing to do would be to treat them with decency and no worse than you would have done before you slept with them. However for some reason dumpers often seem to want to treat their ex badly. And of course it can be legit if the dumpee behaves badly or continues to struggle to let go.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What if I got a new girlfriend?
No reason not to have other female friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.03%
No (322)
77.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed