subject should I switch with chemistry a level URGENT

Watch this thread
Mnz14
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m taking btec business, psychology and sociology and I don’t know whether to drop business or sociology for a level for chemistry I have no idea what I want to be or what I should take at uni n my sister said unis like it when you take matching subjects bc then they think u are passionate about it so I don’t know...I liked chem out of all the science at gcse bc I understood it and it was easy and they gave me a 7 which I got in mocks I told the teacher I didn’t know if I should drop sociology but now I don’t want to drop that instead I want to drop business bc I don’t really get it Chemistry is also going to be so hard so...Help quick pls
walls5
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I would drop what you want to drop, and it sounds like you want to drop business. Most universities dont mind what a levels you do, just as long as you have 3 separate ones (if you did chemistry and applied science it wouldn't be classed as 2). However, could you do 4 for now? And then decide in maybe a month what to drop, as you may completely end up hating chem and want to swap again? But it is completely up to you, just look around at uni courses because some need specific a levels
Mnz14
Rep:
Thanks for replying
I’m still not sure umm I will try to ask them about the 4 a levels but the reason we have an assessment for all alevels in two weeks n then I’ll have to catch up on chemistry
dxnixl
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What career are you thinking of in the long run? Would chemistry help?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mnz14)
So I’m taking btec business, psychology and sociology and I don’t know whether to drop business or sociology for a level for chemistry I have no idea what I want to be or what I should take at uni n my sister said unis like it when you take matching subjects bc then they think u are passionate about it so I don’t know...I liked chem out of all the science at gcse bc I understood it and it was easy and they gave me a 7 which I got in mocks I told the teacher I didn’t know if I should drop sociology but now I don’t want to drop that instead I want to drop business bc I don’t really get it Chemistry is also going to be so hard so...Help quick pls
No offence, but if you are finding A-Level Business hard then there is likely chance you will find A-Level Chemistry hard.

What I suggest you do is get hold of the AQA Chemistry textbook and see for yourself how you will find the subject. Also, look at a few past papers to see how they word the question.

I take A-Level Chemistry so let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck!
Mnz14
Rep:
Not really I don’t know if I want to get into Medicine I was thinking about maybe something in admin, HR, management, paralegal/solicitor
I want a job with a salary a bit more than the average but now I’m lost...
Mnz14
Rep:
Sorry I meant I’m not into the work in business and I thought I was I know I’ll find chem hard but I’m willing to make the effort I just DO NOT want to retake a yr
And I liked the content of chem in gcse and we did edexcel and in alevels they’re doing ocr
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mnz14)
Sorry I meant I’m not into the work in business and I thought I was I know I’ll find chem hard but I’m willing to make the effort I just DO NOT want to retake a yr
And I liked the content of chem in gcse and we did edexcel and in alevels they’re doing ocr
Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I think you should go for Chemistry but bear in mind most Science degrees will want another science, if you are planning to go down that route. I think Psychology counts as another Science but not for the top universities.
Mnz14
Rep:
Thank you
I don’t think I will go in the science route
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
30.57%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (68)
43.31%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (39)
24.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.27%

Watched Threads