Wil son515
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
So I have been told by my Afco that because of my previous service and that I’m going in for the same role (driver) as previously in the army. I have a different recruitment pathway and I will be deemed a “ valuable recruit” due to previous experience and quals, and that it would not be with the Afco to deal with me but a rejoining team instead?? On my portal all events have been removed and my recruiter details have also disappeared with nothing replaced.
Can anyone share some light on what the process entails for this pathway or gone through this way before and what I need to do as it’s been over two weeks with nothing happening and no contact???
Last edited by Wil son515; 1 month ago
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your AFCO can give you the contact details for the Rejoining Team.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wil son515)
Hi,
So I have been told by my Afco that because of my previous service and that I’m going in for the same role (driver) as previously in the army. I have a different recruitment pathway and I will be deemed a “ valuable recruit” due to previous experience and quals, and that it would not be with the Afco to deal with me but a rejoining team instead?? On my portal all events have been removed and my recruiter details have also disappeared with nothing replaced.
Can anyone share some light on what the process entails for this pathway or gone through this way before and what I need to do as it’s been over two weeks with nothing happening and no contact???
Hi

There is a Rejoiner team at Cranwell that deals with all Rejoiner applications. You'll be contacted as soon as they're able to so that your application progresses. It will depend on how in date you are with different elements as to how much of the normal process you'll need to do. But thye will advise you at each stage, don't worry. It just may take a little time due to the restrictions that the covid 19 situation has caused.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Wil son515
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi Adam

Thanks for the reply. Have now been contacted by the team in cranwell. My recruiter as mentioned a tarp course but didn’t give much detail about it just saying that it could be up to 2weeks but not much else. Have also now sorted all my docs with them but has not explained what the process is now going forward?? You wouldn’t know would you and roughly the timescale I’ll be looking at I know with covid it be prob a little longer.

Thanks
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wil son515)
Hi Adam

Thanks for the reply. Have now been contacted by the team in cranwell. My recruiter as mentioned a tarp course but didn’t give much detail about it just saying that it could be up to 2weeks but not much else. Have also now sorted all my docs with them but has not explained what the process is now going forward?? You wouldn’t know would you and roughly the timescale I’ll be looking at I know with covid it be prob a little longer.

Thanks
Hi

It's the TARC course. Yes, maximum it's likely to be is two weeks, but could be as little as two days if just kit and post. Your own timescale will depend on different things. Elements you're required to do and availability of dates for them, then dates for the course at Halton etc. You'll be kept informed at each stage. The Rejoiners process is much quicker than direct entry, so be ready for each stage. But yes, the covid situation has affected timescales, so be patient.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
the_worrier
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I served originally for 19 years and left for 47 months before rejoining 6 months ago. In the last year on the outside I had joined the RAF Reserves (so had had a full joining medical and was in-date RAFFT). The TaRC I attended at RAF Halton was 5 days long and included briefs, admin, attestation, kitting, MOD 1/CCS, RAFFT. Some people were done quicker.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.2%
I'm not sure (13)
3.47%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (129)
34.4%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.6%
I'm not a current university student (170)
45.33%

Watched Threads