The Student Room Group

Nursing applicants ( scotland ) for 2021 reply!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K92XX
That makes me feel a bit better thank you.
Got my pvg through about a week ago so hopefully not long for the rest.

feels like everything is so last minute
Original post by Gunusu
Has anybody going to Paisley campus received their student email and temp password to enable them to register?

I'm not Paisley but Lanarkshire and still waiting for details so can enrol on 18th . Hopefully will be in the next few days
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by kam201202
sorry to be a pain, have you been told whether we need to buy anything yet?

If you thinking about buying items you need for your nursing course then most things are :- lot's of pens , pocket notebooks for when you finally go onto placement to take notes what you doing throughout the shift ok, fog watch (silicone one's are good as easy to clean ), steptbscope (you can get it as best to have own one ) , very comfortable black, or navy blue trainers or shoes (sketches are good to wear) university will give you list of details on what books you need plus one's available to download as PDF.

A NHS Scotland registered adult nurse and midwife.
Good luck with the course everyone.
Original post by Allyson2020
If you thinking about buying items you need for your nursing course then most things are :- lot's of pens , pocket notebooks for when you finally go onto placement to take notes what you doing throughout the shift ok, fog watch (silicone one's are good as easy to clean ), steptbscope (you can get it as best to have own one ) , very comfortable black, or navy blue trainers or shoes (sketches are good to wear) university will give you list of details on what books you need plus one's available to download as PDF.

A NHS Scotland registered adult nurse and midwife.
Good luck with the course everyone.

thank you very much
thank you very much

You are welcome ok xx
Anything else you need to know just ask OK.
Hi is anyone going to Ayr campus seen their timetable yet? Xxx
Original post by Kezza87
Hi is anyone going to Ayr campus seen their timetable yet? Xxx

I'm Lanarkshire campus and I thought I didn't have mines but mines doesn't start till the 15th if September, just by chance I scrolled right through
I'm Lanarkshire campus and I thought I didn't have mines but mines doesn't start till the 15th if September, just by chance I scrolled right through

Mines is the same and looks like its all online until around 2nd week in October? Does that mean we don't go into campus at all in September? They haven't gave us much info i think xx
Original post by Kezza87
Mines is the same and looks like its all online until around 2nd week in October? Does that mean we don't go into campus at all in September? They haven't gave us much info i think xx

I'm in campus on the 30th of September I think but I did get told in my interview majority of it will be online
I'm in campus on the 30th of September I think but I did get told in my interview majority of it will be online

Am worried about not going on the 6th September and we actually are ment to be in 🤷*♀️ but they also said the timetable can change to keep checking on it xx
Original post by Kezza87
Am worried about not going on the 6th September and we actually are ment to be in 🤷*♀️ but they also said the timetable can change to keep checking on it xx

think the 6th is the start of Welcome Week, whatever that is
think the 6th is the start of Welcome Week, whatever that is

Av not got a clue lol but i might just to see whats what xxxx
Original post by Kezza87
Av not got a clue lol but i might just to see whats what xxxx

yeah they don't really give you much info
yeah they don't really give you much info

They definitely don't. Thank you 😊 xxx
Original post by Bababoo2021
I’m doing it and I’m 51 😂

I'm not, but you'll be fine. There's loads of mature applicants going in this year. You won't be alone.
hi does anyone know if there are any group chats etc for 1st year nursing students at Lanarkshire campus, feels like all my friends have uni group chats and I haven't heard anything about any for us?
hi does anyone know if there are any group chats etc for 1st year nursing students at Lanarkshire campus, feels like all my friends have uni group chats and I haven't heard anything about any for us?

If you search uws nursing 2021 Lanarkshire there is a Facebook group and then they can add you into the group chat! xx
Hey, I’ve applied for nursing at uws and I’ve been given an interview on Monday, it’s a group interview, is that good? just as I’m not sure if it matters if a individual interview or group interview is better, and one has more chance of getting an offer if that makes sense. Did you get accepted? x
hi i have an interview on the 17th , its a group interview online , most universities do group interviews x
Original post by Jess_reapx
Hey, I’ve applied for nursing at uws and I’ve been given an interview on Monday, it’s a group interview, is that good? just as I’m not sure if it matters if a individual interview or group interview is better, and one has more chance of getting an offer if that makes sense. Did you get accepted? x

Yes a group interview is fine.
Just make sure that you are putting anything over as well when you get the opportunity to ask anything okay.

The reason for group interviews is due to amount of applications that they have to get through and this is the quickest way of doing things instead of individual one to one interviews.( Obviously one to one interviews you have more time to put your points over).

If you have done enough with the interview process then hopefully you will be offered a place at university west of Scotland for nursing.

NHS Scotland registered midwife

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending