I went to a university in London and I wished I didn't ...anyone like that? Why?

Watch
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
There seems to be this negative thing about studying in London and LSE etc. It is really true?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NowAndThen)
There seems to be this negative thing about studying in London and LSE etc. It is really true?
Well I study at UCL. Barely any English people there (most are Chinese or European), poor teaching and low contact hours, no study space, too many students, personal tutor is ****. That's just my view, others may see it differently
Only glad about the prestige and not having to pay rent
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well I study at UCL. Barely any English people there (most are Chinese or European), poor teaching and low contact hours, no study space, too many students, personal tutor is ****. That's just my view, others may see it differently
why do you not have to pay rent?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by royalty1702)
why do you not have to pay rent?
I commute from home
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I

I commute from home
Im gonna commute to KCL. If you want a commuting partner hmu lol. Ill take the disctrict line
NowAndThen
Rep:
?
Assuming prestige and rent is not in the equation, where would be your dream university then?
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sounds good because you get your education. Which is all about self studying anyway. And then the prestige will be valued by employers and the self studying will be valued because it’s a skill.

I’m sure what you go through will affect your ability to adapt problem solving wise.

All the best, hopefully the social situation and integration improves but if not, I’m sure you are getting something in return?
NowAndThen
Rep:
?
Hey, that also means you are getting exposure to and experience with international cultures and nationalities before you even graduate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads