hmm, does he like me or hate me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Recently spoke to this guy who I went to school with 5 years ago as we met whilst walking our dogs. (i was never mean to him at school however we were both quite shy

I was the first to say hello and he said hello back and I was trying to start conversations/talk about things like asking how he was etc as i hadn't seen him in so long whilst also discussing other things trying to make small talk. However he just kept giving one syllable answers and wouldn't make eye contact with me

When it got to the end of the walk and he was at his house (i live a few roads away) he didn't even say goodbye, he crossed the road and walked up his driveway. I said, "well it was nice catching up with you and talking to u after all this time" and he turned round and made eye contact and said "yeah".

What does this mean?
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not enough information to know. Is there a reason he might hate you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
Not enough information to know. Is there a reason he might hate you?
not at all.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It means you weren’t friends then so why would you be friends now? People aren’t obligated to talk to one another just because they went to school together.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
It means you weren’t friends then so why would you be friends now? People aren’t obligated to talk to one another just because they went to school together.
we were pretty good friends tho, that's the thing. we used to play chess together (sounds nerdy!)
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe he's still quite shy?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
maybe? it just came across as deffo not interested in talking to u kinda vibes, it was like getting blood outta stone and it was so awkward!. i just don't get it. tho as i saw hima few days later at a park with his dog (i was walking my dog again) and he kept looking over and smiling. I was like, nope, not going over there to chat again as it was so painful before, literally like lamb to the slaughter ! :nope:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
the impression i got was it was as if i was too academically beneath him to even be spoken to, it was as if i was :poo: on his shoe ya no.
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe he just doesn't want to keep in touch with anyone from school anymore, I know a couple people like that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
Maybe he just doesn't want to keep in touch with anyone from school anymore, I know a couple people like that.
maybe, hadn't thought of it like tht, that's fair enough. we both went to the same primary schl but went to different secondary schls and now we're both off to different uni's so yeah, maybe he doesn't wana keep in touch, and instead make new friends at uni
Anonymous #1
thx everyone xx
Anonymous #1
has anyone else experienced something similar to this, and if so wht was the outcome for u?
Anonymous #1
^^^
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
has anyone else experienced something similar to this, and if so wht was the outcome for u?
honestly if anyone does this to me, i don't bother with them. Like I'm trying to have a convo with you and you're acting like i'm disturbing you? no thanks lol. It's ****ing rude and I know our personalities are bomb so go find another bomb personality to talk to sis x
Anonymous #1
honestly if anyone does this to me, i don't bother with them. Like I'm trying to have a convo with you and you're acting like i'm disturbing you? no thanks lol. It's ****ing rude and I know our personalities are bomb so go find another bomb personality to talk to sis x
omg thx so much! gal ur personality is amazing, everyone needs a friend like u xx
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 hours ago
:gthumb:
IVLIVSCAESAR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
He could fancy you and be really nervous tbf 🤨
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 hour ago
(Original post by IVLIVSCAESAR)
He could fancy you and be really nervous tbf 🤨
really, do u think so? i really used to like him but after wht happened it just made me feel both upset and worthless, it was literally as if it was beneath him to talk to me, like i was :poo: on his shoe
IVLIVSCAESAR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
really, do u think so? i really used to like him but after wht happened it just made me feel both upset and worthless, it was literally as if it was beneath him to talk to me, like i was :poo: on his shoe
The fact he stuggled to keep eye contact with you and he was smiling the next time he saw you would indicate that he likes you. Next time you see him, look at his eyes to see if his smile is genuine; if it is, then I'm pretty sure he does like you and is just nervous
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 hour ago
(Original post by IVLIVSCAESAR)
The fact he stuggled to keep eye contact with you and he was smiling the next time he saw you would indicate that he likes you. Next time you see him, look at his eyes to see if his smile is genuine; if it is, then I'm pretty sure he does like you and is just nervous
don't think i'll be seeing him for a while as we have both gone off to different uni's. i dont have his number or any of his social media. probs wouldnt have worked out anyways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (59)
21.07%
No (221)
78.93%

Watched Threads