The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology Autumn Exam A-level 7182 P 1,2,3 5th/9th/15 Oct 2020 - Exam Discussion

AQA A-level Psychology 7182 - Paper 1,2 and 3 5th/9th/15th October 2020

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

7182 Paper 1,2 and 3 5th/9th/15th October 2020

The official specification:

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/psychology/specifications/AQA-7181-7182-SP-2015.PDF

List of Recommended Resources:

Autumn Exam Megathread - Autumn Exam Thread Directory

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know where to find free AQA style exam practice questions that aren't already on past papers post-2015??
Reply 2
got a B last year so want an A/A*. does anyone have tips for research methods? how many questions shall i attempt to do
Reply 3
Original post by barnybe
Does anyone know where to find free AQA style exam practice questions that aren't already on past papers post-2015??

i would focus on the new specification but create 16 marker essay plans for each topic and then memorise them
Just a week left, who else is jittery af?
Reply 5
Original post by livelovelaugh:)

me lmao
got a B last year in 2019 so really want an A minimum!!! hate research methods
Original post by lisha556
me lmao

Same! I need to get an A but research methods is HORRIFIC. I still need to revise social influence and memory this week
Reply 7
Same! I need to get an A but research methods is HORRIFIC. I still need to revise social influence and memory this week

essay plans are all done for topics so just memorising atm but i still need to do RM questions so tomorrow i'll do that. so worried i really don't want a B AGAIN!
what topics do you do for paper 3? i do relationships, schiz and aggression!
essay plans are all done for topics so just memorising atm but i still need to do RM questions so tomorrow i'll do that. so worried i really don't want a B AGAIN!
what topics do you do for paper 3? i do relationships, schiz and aggression!

Honestly sounds like you're absolutely set, I'm going through like flashcards and practice questions and it's so slow going still
Gender, schizophrenia and forensic psychology! I was so lucky, cause I'm an independent student I got to pick my own topics
Also psych boost is an absolute lifesaver
Reply 9
Honestly sounds like you're absolutely set, I'm going through like flashcards and practice questions and it's so slow going still
Gender, schizophrenia and forensic psychology! I was so lucky, cause I'm an independent student I got to pick my own topics
Also psych boost is an absolute lifesaver

use miss earle psychology on youtube and haha so am i! x

hope so :frown: still got rm questions to do. maybe on fri/sat we could predict some question that may come up?

Meeeeee:frown:
Hey!
I got a C from my CAGs cos I've had medical problems which have affected my previous performance in mocks, but hoping to get a B so I can go and get my offer from UCL (provided I get my A in history too!). My paper 3 is Gender, Schizophrenia and Aggression. Does anyone have any ways to remember numbers as I seem to struggle remembering statistics for studies but have no problem remembering what the studies are and the findings descriptively?

[quote=livelovelaugh[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];91220606]Just a week left, who else is jittery af?
Absolutely nervouss lmao, I'm just starting to finish the content but I'm literally so last minute revision 😀 hoping for atleast a B 😩🤲🤲
(edited 3 years ago)
me lmao

Research methods is just annoying:/ it's the least thing our teacher focused on aswell
Original post by floralhijabi
Research methods is just annoying:/ it's the least thing our teacher focused on aswell

Our teacher focused on it so much as last year the students complained that it was very focused on them even in the other sections of the paper
Original post by Ellie9024
Our teacher focused on it so much as last year the students complained that it was very focused on them even in the other sections of the paper

ohh really, thats so good bc it's a huge chunk of the exams..
I rlly dont understand why our teacher thought that was a good idea :/ she never even finished one of our paper 3 options lmao
Original post by floralhijabi
ohh really, thats so good bc it's a huge chunk of the exams..
I rlly dont understand why our teacher thought that was a good idea :/ she never even finished one of our paper 3 options lmao

Don’t worry, we didn’t finish gender so I’m panicking, plus I missed a lot of Social Influence teaching on top of not having a teacher to teach it due to shared parental leave
Does anyone have a list of all the key studies for papers 1 and 2 that I could use to check off ones?? I’ve found a new evaluation mnemonic so I’m doing a table with that and outlines of each study (I’ve done social influence)
Original post by Ellie9024
Does anyone have a list of all the key studies for papers 1 and 2 that I could use to check off ones?? I’ve found a new evaluation mnemonic so I’m doing a table with that and outlines of each study (I’ve done social influence)

i got a B last year in 2019 (resitting now to get an A/A*) but i wouldn't suggest using GRAVE unless you're really desperate and can't remember the actual evaluation for each topic. aim for 3 evaluation per subtopic x
i got a B last year in 2019 (resitting now to get an A/A*) but i wouldn't suggest using GRAVE unless you're really desperate and can't remember the actual evaluation for each topic. aim for 3 evaluation per subtopic x

I use REVISED, not GRAVE for that reason but I seem to do better applying RM and I&D. I tend to remember applications as well but it’s the theories and bio which I cannot get the evaluation to stick
Love how my teacher told me 4-5 evaluation and EVERYONE says 3 x

Latest