keaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi there!
I'm a bit older than the average student, worked my whole life and decided to go to university. First I have to do my A-Level or Advanced Higher, because I have only my GCSE (or comparable to).
My question is, what are your experiences with both and do you have any advices for me?
I feel kind of lost, the system in my home country is very different to the UK.
Please no spam or insults, if you have no advices or help, than just scroll down, thanks.
For the rest, thanks a lot, I'm grateful for every kind of help!
Advertisement
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by keaz)
Hi there!
I'm a bit older than the average student, worked my whole life and decided to go to university. First I have to do my A-Level or Advanced Higher, because I have only my GCSE (or comparable to).
My question is, what are your experiences with both and do you have any advices for me?
I feel kind of lost, the system in my home country is very different to the UK.
Please no spam or insults, if you have no advices or help, than just scroll down, thanks.
For the rest, thanks a lot, I'm grateful for every kind of help!

How old?
What do you wish to do?
Presumably you are in Scotland? If not which country?
Where do you intend to study? What would you like to study?

If I were in England I would choose between an access course which is 1 year gets you into most unis and is funded v
A levels which are 2 years, more academically demanding and will get you into all unis if the grades are good enough. They are hard to find being taught so you have to do online or teach self and they are rarely funded, so you pay yourself. Lots of exam materials available. They are also easier to resit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads