The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Business and Management BA at Durham

Hello!
does anyone take business and management at Durham University? I love Durham as a whole but the BA doesn't seem to rank so high on league tables. I was thinking about applying but I'm not so sure..

Also, is it very competitive ?
Reply 1
Although I'm not a business and management student I do attend Durham uni. I think as a student applying for unis its very easy to get caught up in league tables but remember its got to be the type of course and place that you yourself will enjoy. Yes it can be good to look at league tables but they shouldn't be the sole factor in decided whether to apply or not. However that being said they can be a starting point but you should also consider whether the course content is something that you find interesting and that best fits you and also you should consider a wide range of different factors. Durham uni itself is widely regarded as being a top university in both the UK and globally (appearing in the top 100 unis globally) and does tend to have a good reputation. As you've said you seem to like Durham so I would say there's no harm in applying as when you come to make your firm and insurance choices you can choose to reject Durham if you are still hesitant but it's always good to keep options open.

Hope this helps a little :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Thanks for the reply ! :smile:
That actually helped a lot. I think I may apply to Durham then, especially since they have a second personal statement option as well.
Original post by thevisionary
Thanks for the reply ! :smile:
That actually helped a lot. I think I may apply to Durham then, especially since they have a second personal statement option as well.

I am applying for business and management course at Durham too.
Original post by thevisionary
Hello!
does anyone take business and management at Durham University? I love Durham as a whole but the BA doesn't seem to rank so high on league tables. I was thinking about applying but I'm not so sure..

Also, is it very competitive ?

I'm applying there too. Durham is still in the top 10 for Business I'm pretty sure.
What's your predicted grades and subjects you do? I'm doing History, Business and Psychology atm.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm applying there too. Durham is still in the top 10 for Business I'm pretty sure.
What's your predicted grades and subjects you do? I'm doing History, Business and Psychology atm.

Hi, yes it's pretty good and I do Business, Accounting, Maths and Chinese. Predicted AABB wbu
Anyone else here received an offer? I received one yesterday.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else here received an offer? I received one yesterday.

yes i received mine a few weeks ago :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest