The Student Room Group

Lack of support from university

Hi, I’m currently studying nursing and I am considering a transfer because my university does not offer any support. When they do offer support they go back on it or is the opposite to what others say/act on. For example, I was allowed to give in a draft for an assignment. I was told it was really good and going to pass. They failed me. I really wanted to give up but tried it again and they read a few points telling me if I wrote the rest of the essay like that it would definitely pass. They failed me on the points that she had read over with me. Is this normal? I though the tutors were there to help you through it but I feel no help at all and I just don’t know what I can do anymore, I’ve run out of options.
Original post by Hollymurray
Hi, I’m currently studying nursing and I am considering a transfer because my university does not offer any support. When they do offer support they go back on it or is the opposite to what others say/act on. For example, I was allowed to give in a draft for an assignment. I was told it was really good and going to pass. They failed me. I really wanted to give up but tried it again and they read a few points telling me if I wrote the rest of the essay like that it would definitely pass. They failed me on the points that she had read over with me. Is this normal? I though the tutors were there to help you through it but I feel no help at all and I just don’t know what I can do anymore, I’ve run out of options.

have you spoke to the SU for advice and put in an appeal for the assignment.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
have you spoke to the SU for advice and put in an appeal for the assignment.

I am trying to find how to access the SU because we don’t really have much of one. I’ve tried to email support services but I feel I am not getting anywhere.
Original post by Hollymurray
I am trying to find how to access the SU because we don’t really have much of one. I’ve tried to email support services but I feel I am not getting anywhere.

which university do you go to?
A lot of unis are like that. Not to say it's ok but a transfer could result in the same. My department was similar to yours, little support and it's top 5 in the UK for the degree...
Reply 5
not sure your going to be allowed to transfer if you have failed the same essay twice. that normally has you removed from the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending