Why is sex so painful for me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am a woman in my 20's and ive recently lost my virginity. I didnt bleed though so i know for a fact either i wasnt born with hymen or it tore when i touched myself, basically it wasnt painful when he went it. When he starts thrusting though, i get this sharp pain. It feels like when there is a skin tear near your finger nail and you feel sharp pain when you keep playing it with??idk how else to expain. We used lubrication so dryness wasnt the factor that could cause pain. Im just wondering is this normal? Because my whole life i thought sex would insanely good not painful. Do I need to visit gyn?
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It certainly shouldn’t pain it should be enjoyable only. Certainly see a doctor or an expert
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Have you only had sex once? If so, it might be less uncomfortable after a few times. A lot of women do find sex painful though.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
He might've ripped the tissue by going too hard before your body was ready. Give yourself some time to rest and go slower next time
Anonymous #4
Report 6 days ago
some of the symptoms that you've mentioned are similar to what people with endometriosis experience during sex. but like others have said give it time and see if the pain goes away on it's own with time. if not then you may have to see the doctor.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am a woman in my 20's and ive recently lost my virginity. I didnt bleed though so i know for a fact either i wasnt born with hymen or it tore when i touched myself, basically it wasnt painful when he went it. When he starts thrusting though, i get this sharp pain. It feels like when there is a skin tear near your finger nail and you feel sharp pain when you keep playing it with??idk how else to expain. We used lubrication so dryness wasnt the factor that could cause pain. Im just wondering is this normal? Because my whole life i thought sex would insanely good not painful. Do I need to visit gyn?
Firstly, not bleeding on your first time is common and it does not mean that you don't have a hymen or that it's already broken. Yes, some women don't have one but there's actually research to suggest that the hymen doesn't actually break at all, but it just stretches. Some women bleed and others don't so that's perfectly normal.

Your vagina obviously isn't used to something as big as a penis being repeatedly shoved inside it, so it makes sense for there to be pain. Think about if you tried shoving a carrot into your ear canal - it would hurt, right? Obviously different body parts, but similar enough for the point I'm trying to make. You may have been lubricated, however that doesn't mean your body was relaxed enough or fully prepared for sex. It is very normal and common in women. Once you get more used to sex, figure out the kind of foreplay you like, your body will relax, you'll become less nervous and the pain will go away. You don't need to see your GP.
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You need to get properly aroused.(foreplay) I had this issue but there was no cut it’s your fear of being hurt when something goes in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (46)
23.96%
Less motivated (146)
76.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise