is my personal statement oxford worthy?

Watch this thread
dawnysaur
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
would anyone be interested in reviewing my personal statement? i’m an international student applying to oxford and i’m not really used to writing essays. most of the ones i’ve written are us-style sentimental, fluffy pieces and i haven’t ever written a more serious one. would anyone be willing to check it out and tell me how i can improve?
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dawnysaur)
would anyone be interested in reviewing my personal statement? i’m an international student applying to oxford and i’m not really used to writing essays. most of the ones i’ve written are us-style sentimental, fluffy pieces and i haven’t ever written a more serious one. would anyone be willing to check it out and tell me how i can improve?
Do not send your personal statement to someone you don’t know or post it anywhere online - you risk the statement being plagiarised which would mean rewriting the whole PS again.

Do you have teachers at your school who can help? Or equally there’s a personal statement checker on this site
Bixbot123
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
Do not send your personal statement to someone you don’t know or post it anywhere online - you risk the statement being plagiarised which would mean rewriting the whole PS again.

Do you have teachers at your school who can help? Or equally there’s a personal statement checker on this site
TRUE
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dawnysaur)
Please do not post any part of your personal statement here. This is because of plagiarism issues.

Here is a private forum in which you can send your personal statement and a person with expertise in the area will review and give tips:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=134
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 1 year ago
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Please do not post any part of your personal statement here. This is because of plagiarism issues.

Here is a private forum in which you can send your personal statement and a person with expertise in the area will review and give tips:

Is the private forum for checking statements safe in terms of plagiarism risk?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kogomogo)
Is the private forum for checking statements safe in terms of plagiarism risk?
Yes. No need to worry about that. Your personal statement is safe. Only you and and the person reviewing your personal statement will be able to see it.
dawnysaur
Rep:
(Original post by 5hyl33n)

hey, thank you so much. i had no idea about this.
dawnysaur
Rep:

yeah that’s a really big thing, i’ll just check the private one. thanks!
sarahjanesmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

wheres the personal statement chker
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Check out this thread for information: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4237154
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (210)
43.93%
Not feeling great about that exam... (42)
8.79%
It was TERRIBLE (25)
5.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed