Aca2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Anyone else find this really really hard? I couldn’t even do the first question calculation and question 3 was really weird, I didn’t really know what to say on each division?
DarkWillow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I did this. Was a bizarre exam... I was sitting FM and BPT at the same time so I didn’t put much revision into this exam tbf. I had no idea what transfer pricing or residual income even were... question 2 for me was the bad one haha
Northaca
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Was exactly like BPT in that the questions didn’t seem to be anything like any past paper Qs.
Hopefully it threw everyone off equally and the marking moderation will sort it out
Aca2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Totally agree, I didn’t know what residual income was, had nothing much to write about transfer pricing and then in the third question I didn’t really know how to get marks beyond stating the obvious ie like gpm Is lower price growth is lower etc
K1NE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 hours ago
There's always a curve ball they through in BST. I wouldn't worry too much. The pass mark for BST is one of the highest out of all ICAEW exams. As long as you've attempted every question and given it a good go, you should pass. Don't worry about not using models either. If you could fit one in it's a nice to have but the most important thing always is to have logical answers which are scenario focused. Person A might write something totally different to Person B but both could get full marks if they make a sensible point and it's backed up by info given in the exam paper.

From speaking to tutor, the main reason people fail is :
- Not reading what the question is asking
- Not attempting every question
- Not finishing the paper

Best of luck.
IcaewStudent7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
I sat the same exam and thought the same! Completely threw me off! Even q1 was really weird with data analysis.. Found the exam difficult been worried since last week Preparing for BPT in December.. Have you got any tips on how to prepare,best approach etc I've heard so many horror stories with BPT?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (51)
13.46%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.46%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (142)
37.47%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (41)
10.82%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
19.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.54%

Watched Threads