Trouble making friends and getting out at Uni?

Watch
DW507
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Had an idea to set up some blind ‘ friend’ dates for a couple of the societies I’m involved this year. Basically people can sign up who are interested in the activity/hobby and we will then pair them randomly and you can arrange to meet the person whenever you like. Would just like to know what people think this idea generally? Would people be happy to meet up with someone/people that they hadn’t seen on and would also like to get consensus if people prefer 1-1 meeting or groups or don’t mind either?
Last edited by DW507; 1 week ago
Medici66
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds really cool. I generally prefer group meetings but I’d still give it a try if it was available
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
popped this into university life for you so you should get some more relevant answers :yep:

i like both 1 on 1 meetings and group ones, but sometimes groups can change who you are which doesn't create the best relationships. people fight more for attention or are quieter, or can push you out and change your personality.
DW507
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by yzanne)
popped this into university life for you so you should get some more relevant answers :yep:

i like both 1 on 1 meetings and group ones, but sometimes groups can change who you are which doesn't create the best relationships. people fight more for attention or are quieter, or can push you out and change your personality.
Great thanks for the feedback and good points! I guess potentially I might be able to offer both just from optionality standpoint. Also I hope that due to the people getting involved that because they really enjoy the hobby/activity this will already act as a kind of icebreaker and so the 1-1 will feel less daunting if you get me! 😃
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads