Arkxhero
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have gone with maths,chem,geog and further math as my subjects.

Just wondering as I'm more of a logical person whether to drop geography or not.

Previously was thinking of dropping either further maths or chem but they may be required for my career choices.

Hve done all subjects currently for about 2 weeks and all seem OK to me and interest me.

But also taking 4 is lot of work
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drop it. It’s better to do well in 3 subjects than not as good in 4
lizzie.zipmouth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what degree are you thinking of?
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Arkxhero)
I have gone with maths,chem,geog and further math as my subjects.

Just wondering as I'm more of a logical person whether to drop geography or not.

Previously was thinking of dropping either further maths or chem but they may be required for my career choices.

Hve done all subjects currently for about 2 weeks and all seem OK to me and interest me.

But also taking 4 is lot of work
drop colouring in, sorry I mean geography, if you know that you struggle with the subject/ feel like it's negatively affecting your performance in the other three and you don't need it for your uni course/ career aspirations
Arkxhero
Rep:
?
The thing is I enjoy geography and think of careers like env science,ATC,engineering or investment banking or like finance

Its also like a change from other subjects with writing but I enjoy it.

I'm not sure what unis require further maths to study any of my career choices
Last edited by Arkxhero; 1 month ago
Arkxhero
Rep:
?
(Original post by lizzie.zipmouth)
what degree are you thinking of?
env science or engineering or finance or something that can get me into ATC or investment banking
confuzzledteen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you drop geog, your 3 A Levels will be Maths, Further Maths & Chem, right?
I'd be careful about this. Some universities consider this too limited a range of subjects, so they won't accept you.
Some universities though, e.g. LSE for Bsc Economics, say they are perfectly happy accepting people with 3 A Levels (of which 2 are Maths & FM), but they highly recommend the 3rd subject be an essay based one - which chemistry is not.. So yeah, I'd be super cautious about dropping.
I'm a Y13 taking Maths, Further Maths, Econs & Chem so I can understand how you feel. It is overwhelming. But I promise you, you adjust to the workload really quickly as long as you've got a good work ethic; it's not impossible to keep up with
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.64%
I'm not sure (54)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.98%
I'm not a current university student (570)
48.51%

Watched Threads