The Student Room Group

In a bad place A level results were downgraded

I worked so hard all year only for my grades to be downgraded meaning i missed my offers i appealed but they didn't change it so now I'm in a dark place and the thoughts in my head are something I don't want to state in this post, I really need some advice
What grades did you get if you don’t mind saying? They’re probably not as bad as you think
Nnnn
(edited 3 years ago)
Tbh if you achieve those grades you can always apply to a better uni on results day. Still plenty of options with a BCC
Original post by Eaphysics
Tbh if you achieve those grades you can always apply to a better uni on results day. Still plenty of options with a BCC

I wanted Oxford or Cambridge but I will never get that now my future is down the drain
Original post by Learner girl
I wanted Oxford or Cambridge but I will never get that now my future is down the drain

Take a gap year and take the exams in the summer. They don't count as resits, because you didn't sit them in the first place, so you lose nothing. If you were A grade material, you understand the work and you can revise to A standard again for sure.
You could probably transfer to either in second year. Remember there’s still many good unis. Just because you don’t go Oxford or Cambridge doesn’t mean your career is going down. What grades did you achieve at gcse?
Original post by Learner girl

Your future is nowhere near the in the drain. If you applied to Oxbridge, you are very bright in itself. There are so many good universities out there which will get you where you want. It will just take a different path to the same goal. If you don't feel that your grades are good there is an option to resit in the summer and you can get the grades you want. That's what I'm doing. Improve yourself over the next year and take advantage of the opportunity and don't look back.

Quick Reply

Latest