Trouble with loneliness, social anxiety and getting out at Uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey there! I Had an idea to set up some blind ‘ friend’ dates for a couple of the societies I’m involved this year. Basically people can sign up who are interested in the activity/hobby and we will then pair them randomly and you can arrange to meet the person whenever you like. Would just like to know what people think this idea generally? Would people be happy to meet up with someone/people that they hadn’t seen on and would also like to get consensus if people prefer 1-1 meeting or groups or don’t mind either?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey there! I Had an idea to set up some blind ‘ friend’ dates for a couple of the societies I’m involved this year. Basically people can sign up who are interested in the activity/hobby and we will then pair them randomly and you can arrange to meet the person whenever you like. Would just like to know what people think this idea generally? Would people be happy to meet up with someone/people that they hadn’t seen on and would also like to get consensus if people prefer 1-1 meeting or groups or don’t mind either?
I would say that for a first time meeting, a group setting may be less intimidating, especially if the person has social anxiety. Are there subsections in your societies like teams, as this could be a good idea to get people mixing within the societies. For example, I’m the social sec of cheer and I organise sober socials for each team to go for meals etc which really help people.

Sophie - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed