Independent Homeschoolers GCSE EXAMS 2021 !!!!

Watch this thread
Lilypetal1209
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I have not found any posts addressing homeschoolers and the whole exam situation . I am currently in Yr 11 and not going to lie I am stressed . I am doing my GCSE’s in 2021 and I am truly in trouble ; if these exams are cancelled - since I have been out of main stream school since half in Yr 9 (2019) - I literally have no up-to-date mocks or tests to provide me with an adequate grade . In short I could possibly be stuck in a limbo .

If anyone is in my situation or in the Yr group above (12) feel free to discuss .
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
hahah I was homeschooled for GCSEs and A levels lol. I can understand your stress. I didnt have anyone to help me out and mentor me but if you need someone, let me know? I will be studying Physics at KCL this year lol. Good luck!!
marie003
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, I completely understand how you feel...I was supposed to have taken my gcses this year but exams got cancelled and I had no teacher to give predicted grades as i'm also homeschooled. I am now praying that exams don't get cancelled in 2021 otherwise I will be another year behind.
AnimeFanGirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bored_user:))
hahah I was homeschooled for GCSEs and A levels lol. I can understand your stress. I didnt have anyone to help me out and mentor me but if you need someone, let me know? I will be studying Physics at KCL this year lol. Good luck!!
Did you take GCSE Geography?
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Alia Tregellis)
Did you take GCSE Geography?
Nope sorry
maya042004
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
same!!! im already a year behind
maya042004
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by marie003)
Hi there, I completely understand how you feel...I was supposed to have taken my gcses this year but exams got cancelled and I had no teacher to give predicted grades as i'm also homeschooled. I am now praying that exams don't get cancelled in 2021 otherwise I will be another year behind.
also i dont know how people getting homeschooled will be told the questions for the english exams? can anyone help me in regards to this please
Sabrina_2005
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Im in the same situation as you but i started homeschooling a few weeks into September 2020. I’m in year 11 aswell. Hopefully the government find a way to support us as they havent taken homeschooled people into consideration. Im hoping to be accepted back at my school so i can hopefully do mocks. Good luck!😀
Last edited by Sabrina_2005; 1 year ago
MeliGrace34
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I am in your exact situation, i too am not too sure what i am meant to do as i have been accepted into college and am awaiting to sit my GCSEs which are now cancelled- i also dont have any up-to-date mocks and am scared i will have to wait a year to sit my GCSEs next year, meaning im a year behind. the i can only think- if sixth form college is something you wish to do- they seem helpful enough in trying to sort out your GCSEs with you so you can then attend or contact the school you were meant to be taking your exams with and see if they have anything to say on the situation. i did hear that homeschoolers will be given some form of idea in the next education based covid conference so fingers crossed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
21.62%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
10.81%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (4)
10.81%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
21.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (10)
27.03%

Watched Threads