I want to leave uni before I’ve begun, what about my loans?

Watch
Thaliart
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve been staying in my accommodation for a few days. The rent is paid up to next month. I haven’t started my course yet but when I do the entire thing will be online. I am studying acting, which is going to be difficult online. For the few days I’ve been here I’ve only been in my room. I’ve really struggled to meet people because everyone in my building just wants to go out and drink. I hate doing that. I still won’t be going anywhere even when my course starts, except my desk. I’ve tried going to places within the area but don’t feel entirely safe here. I am not happy here and I would really like to go home but my tenancy agreement states that I will still have to pay my rent. Will I still get my maintenance loans to pay this as I otherwise will absolutely not be able to?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Thaliart)
I’ve been staying in my accommodation for a few days. The rent is paid up to next month. I haven’t started my course yet but when I do the entire thing will be online. I am studying acting, which is going to be difficult online. For the few days I’ve been here I’ve only been in my room. I’ve really struggled to meet people because everyone in my building just wants to go out and drink. I hate doing that. I still won’t be going anywhere even when my course starts, except my desk. I’ve tried going to places within the area but don’t feel entirely safe here. I am not happy here and I would really like to go home but my tenancy agreement states that I will still have to pay my rent. Will I still get my maintenance loans to pay this as I otherwise will absolutely not be able to?
If you leave then they ll expect you to pay your loans back for the time you aren't there or if you re fortunate you can try and ask them to accept a payment plan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
27.36%
Less motivated (77)
72.64%

Watched Threads