IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
They kept me in suspense! I'd dropped it off at 8am and they got round to testing it at like 4:59. I've been pacing like an expectant and shallow father all day, just got it home now.

Better than I thought, 2 majors for an exhaust clamp and loose headlight (due to my scrape) and adv for the front arms/bushes and rear tyre wear. £50 to clamp/weld the exhaust and ill take it back for it's bushes on Sat.
Woohoo!
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Woohoo!
V much so, HUGE weight off my mind...although it does mean my window shopping for a new car is now a bit defunct (a really nice CLK AMG kit locally for 3k as well )

Taught me a bit more about trust/cynicism too, apparently my wheel bearings are all fine, my brake noise is just a bit of disc wear and he even pointed out the line and small serrated wear around the sensor doing it, the guy telling me it was the bearing was apparently an arse who lasted 1 day in the job. As were the spivs trying to tell me i'd never pass MOT without £500+ of labour and parts, sheepskin clad dobbers, a pox on your yard and then some.
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All I can say is just you wait and see what an MOT for motorcycles are like.

Just about anything can pass provided it doesn't catch fire.

MOT literally takes 15 mins. I popped round the corner for a drink and came back... done.
maeger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FRS500)
All I can say is just you wait and see what an MOT for motorcycles are like.

Just about anything can pass provided it doesn't catch fire.

MOT literally takes 15 mins. I popped round the corner for a drink and came back... done.
Race "use only" slip-on with no baffle gets an advisory for being loud, it's the life.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
MOT done, just a couple of advisories but nothing major at all thank goodness. Going to pick it up tomorrow (as the garage called 5 minutes before closing :indiff:).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (65)
27.78%
Less motivated (169)
72.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise