repeating 2nd year of uni part time

Watch
livia360
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I failed a phase test for one module and that being the only thing I failed my university said I have to take the second year part time to do that phase test. has anyone else ever been in that situation or
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by livia360)
I failed a phase test for one module and that being the only thing I failed my university said I have to take the second year part time to do that phase test. has anyone else ever been in that situation or
Normally where you fail an exam they have a choice, which will be dictated by the uni rules and or your departments discretion.
The rules will concern progression and should be on the website or ask registry.

What the uni says goes. Is this the first or second time you have failed?

Normally to progress you are required to have all 120 credits.
You wont have 120 if you failed a module., so normally they say no progression.
In your case they are giving you a halfway house the test plus 50% of the course.

If you dont like that then your options are :
1. Ask just to resit the module.
2. Leave and try and get on another course.
3. Do what they offered.

The difficulty with their choice is that once you become part time then all your funding goes pt as well.
If you are living away from home then accommodation doesnt go pt and it just messes things up. This is why all or nothing might be an option or you will have to sort out the finance implications. You will have to work out whether the pt is worth it or you are better off doing all or nothing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (17)
20.73%
No (65)
79.27%

Watched Threads