The Student Room Group

Girls: tell me your favourite things about being female!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
Knowing the kid is mine :colone:

True.

In the case, you can’t find the father...Well that’s what you have the Jeremy Kyle Show for.
Reply 61
Original post by Nobodyy
:biggrin: You believe that giving birth is like passing hard stool?

Once I was constipated for like 4 days and it got so bad that my muscles started involuntarily pushing the stool out without me commanding it to, and it felt like my insides were getting damaged due to all the pressure the pain was so bad. I seriously thought I might have incurred some kind of internal bleeding due to the stretching.

maybe giving birth would be a bit like that .. 😆
Original post by ANM775
Once I was constipated for like 4 days and it got so bad that my muscles started involuntarily pushing the stool out without me commanding it to, and it felt like my insides were getting damaged due to all the pressure the pain was so bad. I seriously thought I might have incurred some kind of internal bleeding due to the stretching.

:lol: Nope
From women who have suffered severe constipation, that does not even prepare you for child birth. It's a lot worse generally, that's why women need gas amongst other things during childbirth
Reply 63
ngl I think I could of done with some gas too at some points.. :rofl:
Original post by ANM775

Get well soon, my dude.

Probably a dehydration issue.
Original post by rxyaltyx
i would like to be a boy because it’s much easier but i guess i like that we can dress ourselves up, do our makeup, hair it’s just fun

being a boy is much harder
Reply 66
Original post by Nobodyy
Get well soon, my dude.

Probably a dehydration issue.

It was many years ago lol

But i'll never forget that pain... 😮

I can't remember what caused it. If I get constipated though when I examine my diet it's usually due to lack of fibre. I find that eating less than 10 grams of fibre a day makes constipation likely for me..
Reply 67
Original post by rxyaltyx
i would like to be a boy because it’s much easier but i guess i like that we can dress ourselves up, do our makeup, hair it’s just fun

Then how come 2 or 3 times as many males get sex changes to be females than the other way around

(i've actually seen statistics on this)
Original post by ANM775
Then how come 2 or 3 times as many males get sex changes to be females than the other way around

Sex changes are not related to deciphering how difficult it is being a certain gender then taking a decision but rather psychology and identity mainly.
But to put it out there: I think it’s definitely difficult being a guy too, we can’t downplay their general ‘roles’ as well.

Each gender comes with its disadvantages it seems lol
Original post by ANM775

I think it's because men have a more erotic mind
Original post by Anonymous
I sometimes try to think of advantages of being female when I see situations where males have an advantage, these are what I thought of so far:
-more flexibility
-lower sex drive
-presumed innocence
-cannot legally rape
-don't have a penis/testicles (which seem like they would be physically annoying to have especially while sleeping)
-people aren't afraid of you, although that may also be a negative
-can wear both dresses and trousers
-smaller, so can fit through smaller spaces, thinking of an emergency situation
-people think more highly of your achievements
-large choice of partners

“cannot legally rape” girl..thats not a good thing
Being able to have kids, although i've had an "easy" pregnancy despite it being in the middle of a pandemic and i haven't gone through labour yet so ask me again next month perhaps.
If I think about the inherent differences between males and females, everything seems to me to be a disadvantage for women compared to men. For example:

- Physically much weaker and smaller
... increases vulnerability to attack/rape
... makes you less good at most sports
... makes you more reliant on men for some things
... makes certain jobs somewhat off-limits

- Pregnancy and childbirth
... involves a lot of pain
... potential for health risks or even death
... puts you physically out of action for several months

Smaller window of opportunity to have children
... Can interfere with other life plans
... Makes you more in a rush to find/settle for a partner

- Having periods every month
... can be painful
... can be inconvenient
... can carry health complications
... can have a negative impact on mood
... can cause one to think or behave irrationally

Most of the “advantages” people are mentioning (e.g. more choice of clothing, socially acceptable to show feelings) don’t carry much weight with me. Firstly it’s because they’re more socio-cultural rather than anything inherent to being male or female, and secondly because I think that most males aren’t so naturally inclined towards doing those things anyway, so don’t even feel like they’re missing anything.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
1. Physical flexibility
2. If you are tall and/or fat then you have other advantages (greater social prominence for tall, can't get pushed around if fat lol) but most women are smaller than men
3. It's easier for women to get a date, on dating apps especially I think

Thanks for clearing that up:smile:
I love dressing up and stuff. like I get less judgement flicking between feminine and masculine outfits
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
That sounds like one of the worst things tbh.

That does not look fun at all......

No, absolutely amazing to grow a new life over 9 months and to give birth for me was the most powerful wonderful moment of my life although there was certainly pain and then breastfeeding yo have the let down reflex and you are suffused with oxytocin hormone and it is just incredible. Most of the erst about being a woman, sexual violence against you, discrimination etc is pretty awful that if it weren't for the biological bits I would prefer to be male.
Don't get boners and morning wood

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending