Want more information about this university?

What is the university of Manchester like?

Watch
acheloisina
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve finally decided that the uni I’m mainly interested in is the University of Manchester. I am interested in studying criminology!
I was just curious to know more about life at the UoM, so please tell me more about what it’s like so I know if it’s more for me.

bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well its like mini London. I applied and got in and wanted to go there before I changed my mind and chose a uni in London. Its the 27th best university in the world. 6th best in the UK and 7th best in Europe. Largest University in the UK. Best university in Manchester. Has 2 working nobel laureates at their Physics department. Diverse and is a very cheap city to live in with loads of opportunities!
Rarest
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It was very fun. Being a good Russel group uni, the academic part is fine so I'll speak more about the town.
There's a lot to do, there's plenty of clubs if clubbing is your thing. There's a big party scene near fallowfield. Sporticipate gives you an opportunity to try out so many sports and there are multiple gyms as well. There's also lots of societies. If you like shopping, arndale has you covered and if you like eating out there are plenty of restauranrs. There's also an area called curry mile which is a mile long road filled with middle Eastern/Indian super markets and restaurants. Cost of groceries is quite cheap too.
Rarest
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh yeah, now that covid is a thing, lots of what I just said probably won't apply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (14)
20%
No (56)
80%

Watched Threads