Anonware
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, how does university transfer students work? Every year the UCAS deadline is 15th of Jan. Say I got my results in August & then applied to a different university around December time & was accepted (how long does it take to be accepted with my actual results?) , do I immediately drop out? or finish the 1st year of that course?
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So say you start at a uni in September 2020 and want to study your second year at a different uni. You first contact the uni you want to transfer to via email asking them if they would accept you onto second year directly. If they say yes and also mention the conditions, keeping in mind you have met their GCSE AND A level requirements, apply via UCAS before the 15th of Jan and select year two as point of entry. Then submit application as normal and your uni private tutor should give your reference.
Anonware
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by bored_user:))
So say you start at a uni in September 2020 and want to study your second year at a different uni. You first contact the uni you want to transfer to via email asking them if they would accept you onto second year directly. If they say yes and also mention the conditions, keeping in mind you have met their GCSE AND A level requirements, apply via UCAS before the 15th of Jan and select year two as point of entry. Then submit application as normal and your uni private tutor should give your reference.
Ok & how do I know I would be accepted into year 2 of the course? For example course I want to apply to in 2nd year at the uni of Bath is computer science & Artificial Intelligence. If I was to go to Exeter uni in year 1 & study computer science would they let me into year 2. Even though it’s not computer science & Artificial Intelligence. As opposed to me going Gloucestershire uni where they offer computer science & Artificial Intelligence course, would this be a safer bet? In conclusion, do I need to have the same exact course. Computer science & Artificial Intelligence
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonware)
Ok & how do I know I would be accepted into year 2 of the course? For example course I want to apply to in 2nd year at the uni of Bath is computer science & Artificial Intelligence. If I was to go to Exeter uni in year 1 & study computer science would they let me into year 2. Even though it’s not computer science & Artificial Intelligence. As opposed to me going Gloucestershire uni where they offer computer science & Artificial Intelligence course, would this be a safer bet? In conclusion, do I need to have the same exact course. Computer science & Artificial Intelligence
you need to ask bath this via email if they will accept you with the exeter course or glocerstershire one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (73)
21.28%
No (270)
78.72%

Watched Threads