Gentiene
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm really struggling with my A level Geog NEA. I know this sounds a bit bad but would anyone be willing to share their old coursework assessment so I can at least see the structure and amount of research. I'm doing one on how carbon emissions target will be achieved by my city. Any help would be really welcomed right now. Thank you so much!
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You can probably find some examples on your exam board website for both human and physical coursework.

The structure for mine went:
1. Introduction - I described the location of my study, inserted some annotated maps, why I chose to study the location I did and the history of my location (it was relevant for my question), I also defined some of the key terms I would be using

2. Methodology - this is where I inserted an annotated map of the transects we surveyed on the day, I wrote a risk assessment, talked about the ethics of the fieldwork research methods and had my methodology table - let me know if you need some pointers on that

3. I split my main question into 3 smaller sub questions so then I had 3 sections answering each of the sub questions. I used a lot of primary and secondary data and did a Spearman's rank.

4. conclusion, I did a conclusion for each sub question and an overall conclusion

5. evaluation

6. bibliography (mine was 5 pages long, it really does not have to be that long though!)
Gentiene
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by neko no basu)
You can probably find some examples on your exam board website for both human and physical coursework.

The structure for mine went:
1. Introduction - I described the location of my study, inserted some annotated maps, why I chose to study the location I did and the history of my location (it was relevant for my question), I also defined some of the key terms I would be using

2. Methodology - this is where I inserted an annotated map of the transects we surveyed on the day, I wrote a risk assessment, talked about the ethics of the fieldwork research methods and had my methodology table - let me know if you need some pointers on that

3. I split my main question into 3 smaller sub questions so then I had 3 sections answering each of the sub questions. I used a lot of primary and secondary data and did a Spearman's rank.

4. conclusion, I did a conclusion for each sub question and an overall conclusion

5. evaluation

6. bibliography (mine was 5 pages long, it really does not have to be that long though!)
Brilliant that is a big help! Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (674)
33.6%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.67%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed