mussiegirl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I don't know whether to apply for primary teaching (Stirling Uni) or child nursing (Glasgow Caledonian or Dundee)? I really can't decide.

I don't know what to put in my personal statement. I have spoken to Uni admissions and they have said you really need to focus on healthcare for nursing and why I want to be a teacher for teaching. Clearly I can't do that in one personal statement.

I don't know what to do!! Any advice??

Anyone know which course is harder to get into? I have the grades for nursing but I know I need to also do an interview. I don't yet have grades for teaching.

I don't want to end up with nothing
Tracey_W
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mussiegirl)
So I don't know whether to apply for primary teaching (Stirling Uni) or child nursing (Glasgow Caledonian or Dundee)? I really can't decide.

I don't know what to put in my personal statement. I have spoken to Uni admissions and they have said you really need to focus on healthcare for nursing and why I want to be a teacher for teaching. Clearly I can't do that in one personal statement.

Anyone know which course is harder to get into? I have the grades for nursing but I know I need to also do an interview. I don't yet have grades for teaching.

Go for nursing ok as you got the entry requirements already you said for this, as you may have to do college courses for what you need for teaching ok.

You'll need to do a separate personal statement for each course you apply for so yes one for nursing and one for teaching .

Apply for nursing & get yourself a interview and on it and you won't look back at anything if you get the opportunity to do this,

Both are hard ok, nursing you will obviously have your shifts & weekends working but days off to make up.
PM me if you wish to on nursing side as can give you advice on personal statement for this .
Last edited by Tracey_W; 1 month ago
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mussiegirl)

Both are equally difficult to get in to. You really need to decide which course you actually want to do and focus on it. They are VERY different professions (what my Gran did, and one of my cousins does, as teachers are very different to what I do as a nurse!)
If nursing is what you want yo do, please PM both Tracey_W and myself - I'm a registered nurse and she's a registered midwife, we've both supported nursing & midwifery students between us on here. We're both here to help with that line of profession
mussiegirl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
Both are equally difficult to get in to. You really need to decide which course you actually want to do and focus on it. They are VERY different professions (what my Gran did, and one of my cousins does, as teachers are very different to what I do as a nurse!)
If nursing is what you want yo do, please PM both Tracey_W and myself - I'm a registered nurse and she's a registered midwife, we've both supported nursing & midwifery students between us on here. We're both here to help with that line of profession
Thanks. The problem is I don't have any work experience in nursing. I did get work experience in NHS physio department and have been volunteering with children for last 3 years. What do I need to put on my personal statement to get around the lack of work experience?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.91%
I'm not sure (32)
4.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (213)
31.51%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.22%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.63%

Watched Threads