How to figure out what you want to do in life

Watch
marble543
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 21 hours ago
Hello,

I don't know if anybody can give some advice on this. Whats the best way to understand what you want to do?
I am 19 and am always worrying about the future. Its not that I want lots of money or anything, I just want to make sure whatever I'm doing im truly happy. I always since I was so little wanted to go into acting but I feel as though the nature of the job contrasts with my personality so much that actually it might not be for me. I have tried acting classes but generally I always tend to get intimidated and leave.

Believe me, I've done every career quiz out there. I still don't know the answer!!! Any advice appreciated
HotaruWalkthr
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 21 hours ago
I'm also always worried about myself. Go with your interests and you''ll figure it out eventually.
LoveQuestions
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 17 hours ago
Eventually you'll find it. Try changing your routine
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 hours ago
You’ll go places and experience different things which you’ll reflect on and then want more or less of. Based on your reading or conversations and activities you’ll learn about potential places to work and then you’ll pick it.

Don’t fret, but do try research. And make the most of just living in the present, so if a calamity hits - you are prepared to deal with others In life.

I didn’t know for a long time, but I had ideas. Even now. I still keep thinking I could try different avenues. But for the most part; I know my plan and I’ll stick to it as much as I can.

At 25, I’m pretty set In what I want; now it’s just a matter of , what is possible.

Good luck.
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 minutes ago
(Original post by marble543)
Hello,

I don't know if anybody can give some advice on this. Whats the best way to understand what you want to do?
I am 19 and am always worrying about the future. Its not that I want lots of money or anything, I just want to make sure whatever I'm doing im truly happy. I always since I was so little wanted to go into acting but I feel as though the nature of the job contrasts with my personality so much that actually it might not be for me. I have tried acting classes but generally I always tend to get intimidated and leave.

Believe me, I've done every career quiz out there. I still don't know the answer!!! Any advice appreciated
The best way to be truly happy is to do your best at whatever you want to do and don't let competition get in the way of what you love. Embrace the opportunities presented to you and grab life by the horns and don't ever give up. I know that teenage adults can be overwhelmed by the possibilities that are out there-but you know what you love and what makes you tick-focus on that and get the most you can out of it. I think the education system can at times make it confusing about what you want to do with your life-but only you know what you thrive at. Go and give your passion everything you have and get the experiences that make life amazing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (25)
14.45%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (21)
12.14%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (63)
36.42%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (16)
9.25%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (39)
22.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.2%

Watched Threads