The Student Room Group

left my job go back to uni?

so I was working in the civil service and got depressed, I left 6 months ago, but I really need to get a job or retrain.

I studied psychology but dont want to work in that line. I was thinking teaching...or accounting, don't know how to get into that?
Otherwise... retrain as a nurse/ radiographer?
Any tips or experiences would be much appreciated.

Idk if it's too late to go to clearing or somehow get a job this year and apply for uni next year. I'm already 28 so I'm very apprehensive and forgotten how the whole process works.
Original post by Justfedup
so I was working in the civil service and got depressed, I left 6 months ago, but I really need to get a job or retrain.

I studied psychology but dont want to work in that line. I was thinking teaching...or accounting, don't know how to get into that?
Otherwise... retrain as a nurse/ radiographer?
Any tips or experiences would be much appreciated.

Idk if it's too late to go to clearing or somehow get a job this year and apply for uni next year. I'm already 28 so I'm very apprehensive and forgotten how the whole process works.

In terms of the careers you want to go into - you mention 3 or 4 - have you done any research into these careers to see which one appeals to you the most? For example, teaching - you could look into volunteering with children or after school clubs, leading activities. Accountancy you don't necessarily need to go to university - you could look at finding an entry level finance job and hopefully they will help you study for accountancy qualifications whilst you work.

I wouldn't rush to get into university as it seems you don't have a clear idea of where you want to go. If university is the best course of action, you would have nothing to lose by taking a gap year (you could put this to good use and get some relevant work experience or further your interest) and then reapplying in future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending