Yr 10 Catching up on work missed due to isolation

Watch
AppleBananaPear
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I will be self isolating and therefore missing school. I just started year 10. I don’t want to fall behind because I may potentially miss out on important things. A few of my teachers regularily upload powerpoints/worksheets from the lesson in case people are self-isolating, but most don’t. What do I do? I don’t want to fall behind already - the year has just started Do I email them? If so what do I put in the email? How do I keep up with work if I feel poorly? And thats assuming I even get any work to do at all... Any advice appreciated
d3rin13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AppleBananaPear)
I will be self isolating and therefore missing school. I just started year 10. I don’t want to fall behind because I may potentially miss out on important things. A few of my teachers regularily upload powerpoints/worksheets from the lesson in case people are self-isolating, but most don’t. What do I do? I don’t want to fall behind already - the year has just started Do I email them? If so what do I put in the email? How do I keep up with work if I feel poorly? And thats assuming I even get any work to do at all... Any advice appreciated
Try to make sure that you read all of the powerpoints that you have been given and do all of the worksheets. If you aren't getting enough work then let the teacher know that "you would like to have some more classwork to do to consolidate your knowledge as It would be really helpful when learning the topic/subject". If that doesn't work then you can make notes using lots of revision guides, textbooks and websites (there are also lots of resources on the student room that help especially with revision/ learning from home). To keep up with work while self-isolating try to keep to a schedule or rough timetable similar to school and ask friends/teachers for help if you don't understand something so that you don't leave topics you don't understand until year 11. Remember that you've only just started year 10 and from personal experience, try not to get too stressed with the work, especially whilst self-isolating, by spreading it out into manageable sections, asking friends for help and doing practice questions/ going through the textbook.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
email them to say that you're self isolating etc and if possible to email resources that have been used in lesson, the topics covered so you can teach yourself at home etc. if your teachers aren't the most helpful you can always message your friends and ask them to send pictures of sheets, notes... you're probably not gonna be working at as fast of a pace at home and that's ok. don't overwork yourself but try to maintain a routine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (86)
21.29%
No (318)
78.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise