16aishah.begum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
has anyone got any quotes analysed for macbeth. it will really help me or any resources to help me please
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
“Unsex me here!” (Lady Macbeth) uses an imperative to emphasis her greed and desire for more power. This linked with the command “unsex” shows the lack of shame she possesses, willing to sacrifice her feminine identity.
16aishah.begum
Rep:
?
(Original post by Morebalanation)
“Unsex me here!” (Lady Macbeth) uses an imperative to emphasis her greed and desire for more power. This linked with the command “unsex” shows the lack of shame she possesses, willing to sacrifice her feminine identity.
thnks
Native087
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quotations for analysis of what?
my personal favourite due to ease of analysis:

'His sword smoked with bloody execution'

vivid imagery, sword smoking with blood -> suggests he killed many in the battle -> 'execution' portrays a motive, not just 'death' but describe more as a job if you like.
Hyperbolit
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 16aishah.begum)
has anyone got any quotes analysed for macbeth. it will really help me or any resources to help me please
Hi there - I've got some quotes analysed in detail in this post: hyperbolit.com/2020/05/09/who-is-to-blame-for-macbeths-fall-here-are-the-top-3-culprits/ - see if this helps?
I'll also soon be posting two other posts (and videos) on how ambition and the supernatural are presented in Macbeth, so I can send you those once they're out - maybe that could help you. In the meantime, though, there's lots of resources online you can find that would help you with understanding key quotes in the play.
16aishah.begum
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hyperbolit)
Hi there - I've got some quotes analysed in detail in this post: hyperbolit.com/2020/05/09/who-is-to-blame-for-macbeths-fall-here-are-the-top-3-culprits/ - see if this helps?
I'll also soon be posting two other posts (and videos) on how ambition and the supernatural are presented in Macbeth, so I can send you those once they're out - maybe that could help you. In the meantime, though, there's lots of resources online you can find that would help you with understanding key quotes in the play.
thanks a lot really helpful
Hyperbolit
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 16aishah.begum)
thanks a lot really helpful
No worries, here's another one on ambition in Macbeth:
https://bit.ly/3cdmOan

Hope it helps!
Last edited by Hyperbolit; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed