Can I swap from 3rd year Edi to 2nd year UK uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I’m about to start 3rd year in edinburgh and have realised i really can’t hack it anymore. I still love my course and uni in general but am not sure I can manage two more years there. As 2nd year doesn’t count in Scotland I was wondering if anyone knew the logistics of transferring this late, or if it is even possible. I really don’t want to drop out and start uni from scratch, as this is another 3 years of uni.
Any help would be great!
lcc2020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
never too late, it is worthy to try.
which uni you expect to go.
edinburgh is great indeed.
tiktoksensation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
The only way to find out is to email the universities you're interested in and ask. Where is it you'd like to transfer to? What exactly is it about Edinburgh that you can't hack anymore?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by tiktoksensation)
The only way to find out is to email the universities you're interested in and ask. Where is it you'd like to transfer to? What exactly is it about Edinburgh that you can't hack anymore?
Thankyou,
Preferably a London uni, anything a bit closer to home which is in the South. I just feel really unhappy here. Tried to give it a chance but it’s not improved sadly
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by lcc2020)
never too late, it is worthy to try.
which uni you expect to go.
edinburgh is great indeed.
Thanks! London, do you study in edi?
tiktoksensation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thankyou,
Preferably a London uni, anything a bit closer to home which is in the South. I just feel really unhappy here. Tried to give it a chance but it’s not improved sadly
I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad time at Edinburgh. If you're absolutely certain about wanting to transfer then it's possible. You need to move quickly though since universities are about to start back. Ring or email the universities you're interested in and explain your situation. Keep your grades handy as the universities will want to see these. If you're successful, get confirmation of your place from your new university and let Edinburgh know that you're leaving. You'll need to sort out accommodation either through the university or privately and update your student finance so that it can be adjusted. Universities will most likely be considering you for 2nd year entry. From a funding perspective, if you're accepted into the 2nd year of a 3 year course at a new university, you'll be entitled to a further 2 years funding. Good luck!
Last edited by tiktoksensation; 2 days ago
MalcolmX
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
i studied at edinburgh and multiple times i thought about transferring because i also disliked it.

what course are you doing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads