jjahmed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

1) Has anyone who has applied to study Computer science at DMU received their timetable information yet?

2) Does anyone know the general ratio of boys to girls on this course?

3) Does the course start from the beginning of computer science or do we need background knowledge in the subject?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
You generally get your timetable a week before your start date - I did anyways - I graduated from there

There are definitely more boys than girls - I’d say 80:20/75:25; however, every year the percentage of girls doing the course increases

It would help if you had general knowledge - try to go over lecture slides before the start of the lecture and research whatever you don’t understand - you’ll get a gist of what you’re gonna get in that particular lecture
SomeT
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jjahmed)
Hi,

1) Has anyone who has applied to study Computer science at DMU received their timetable information yet?

2) Does anyone know the general ratio of boys to girls on this course?

3) Does the course start from the beginning of computer science or do we need background knowledge in the subject?
1.) No, they are released on the 28th of September 2020.
2.) No, this varies year to year.
3.) It dives quite far in, but again they change the modules each year. I did not study computer science specifically myself, but having a strong mathematical background most likely will help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.63%
No (279)
78.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed