Resitting GCSE maths as a private student

Watch
Cyberaki123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m a university graduate looking to resit my GCSE maths for personal reasons. I know the format for GCSEs have changed since I last did them (which was like 8 years ago) so I just wanted some advice.

Since I’m resitting my GCSE maths it will not be the same paper I did 8 years ago, so does it count as a resit? Will I be able to do it in November (looking at next year) as I heard that’s when maths resits are allowed?

Also if I choose to do Edexcel maths can students here recommend me books? I’m going to be self-teaching so I would want all the content in one book. I remember the CGP books were popular when I was younger.
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
CGP books are the best. They cost less than 10 pounds I think? You can buy them on Amazon for second hand or buy them on the CGP website!!

And there are 3 papers, each 1 hour 30 minutes long. 1 is non-calculator and 2 are calculator papers. https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...cification.pdf heres the link to the specification
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes it's a resit - though I'm not sure why it would be relevant.

You can take it in the Summer (entry deadline mid Feb 2021) or the Autumn (entry deadline late September 2021).

If you put Edexcel GCSE Maths 9-1 into Amazon you can find some specification specific textbooks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.62%
No (319)
78.38%

Watched Threads