?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
any tips on how to stick to a timetable? cause i always fail at it
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Make it realistic, don't cram a lot into one day.

Divide up your work and spread it over your timetable practically according to your schedule,
Nobodyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Ensure that your timetable allows you to take breaks.

As mentioned above, don’t cram everything.

Also, set goals and reward yourself at the end of the day for sticking to your timetable. Maybe a film? Something you like to do?
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You could get someone (parent/sibling/friend) to keep you accountable for what you’ve done in the day/week
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Willpower and determination.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
i wouldn't make too strict or make it too optimistic in terms of productivity. break big tasks into small ones ie. if revising maths is on your timetable make it specific- what topic are you gonna focus on? how will you revise it? the app adapt is really useful if you're seeing how to organise your time leading up to exams.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Perhaps try a retrospective timetable so that you can adapt to what you have time for each day?
Flk10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
What can work well is seeing your free time as something you have to earn through working hard.

So instead of coming home and going straight on Netflix or Facebook, you should give your phone to your parents and block Netflix.

Do the amount of work you’ve set yourself and then ask to go on your phone or whatever- you should only be allowed if you’ve done your work.

It’s also really important to have a clear goal for the year in terms of your results. This will help motivate you.
richardjames01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
You need to be determined, if you feel as though setting it out one way isn't working for you then try another way. I used to struggle to stick to a timetable but I have found that by listing all of my goals, I can focus on the bigger picture. You could also try rewarding yourself. If you stick to your timetable for a week then give yourself a reward. Sometimes having that incentive can give you the determination to stick to your goals, its really easy to wander off and do something else, but by knowing that there is a reward at the end it can help keep you on track and help you follow your timetable.
sunshine1243
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Make it realistic so you don’t feel overstretches, and make sure you have something rewarding if you do stick to your timetable... for example I got my sister to keep me accountable for sticking to my study timetable for my highers and if I did stick to it then we would go out for lunch together at the end of the two weeks. Bit lame, but it worked because I was looking forward to my tuna melt panini while I was slogging through studying!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (53)
13.77%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.25%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (145)
37.66%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (42)
10.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
18.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.45%

Watched Threads