Tabs83
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi I’ve had the implant now for 6/7 years, changed half way threw. I haven’t changed it now for just over 3 years. It feels as I’ve lost it some days, which freaks me out.. now my shoulder and left arm where the implant is, is so painful.. my muscle feels as it’s deteriorating! Plus my pinkie finger goes onto spasms and I have to bend it quickly before it stays straight!!! It’s the worst in the mornings as it’s really painful! I’m getting it out on Monday.. If has been great up until now, I’m not sure if it’s the implant that’s causing it tho, hence why I’m asking on this page has anyone had anything similar?
Many thanks x
Tracey_W
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Tabs83)
Hi I’ve had the implant now for 6/7 years, changed half way threw. I haven’t changed it now for just over 3 years. It feels as I’ve lost it some days, which freaks me out.. now my shoulder and left arm where the implant is, is so painful.. my muscle feels as it’s deteriorating! Plus my pinkie finger goes onto spasms and I have to bend it quickly before it stays straight!!! It’s the worst in the mornings as it’s really painful! I’m getting it out on Monday.. If has been great up until now, I’m not sure if it’s the implant that’s causing it tho, hence why I’m asking on this page has anyone had anything similar?
Many thanks x
Implant should be change after 3 years after it been inserted so you'll need to get this done.
You could had just hurt or twisted your arm and as a result causing nerve damage but go and seek further advice from your GP on this ok.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Tabs83)
Many thanks x
It could be a range of things and we aren't in the best position to speculate as this could just cause you to worry. In the mean time, take painkillers, use ice packs/heat pads to help with the pain and definitely mention it on Monday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (46)
23.96%
Less motivated (146)
76.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed